Recommended Exhaust fitter in Birmingham?

Noble Bernard

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new exhaust fitted to my 370z, really love the sound of the Invidia Gemini but would consider others if they can provide the required 'drama' I am looking for :teeth:. I am based in Birmingham, can anyone on the forum recommend a local place to supply and fit?

Many thanks

Edited by Noble Bernard

Pretty sure whoever you order it from can sort out free fitting - ARK and lnvidia are both best bang for buck. 

370z exhausts are pretty easy enough to do yourself if you've got stands and tools and all. 

You going to keep stock cats or getting HFC? 

So I had taken my Z to kwik fit for a quick free 'exhaust check'. They have basically said due to corrosion etc I would need a whole new exhaust system including new catalytic converters. I have never had any issue passing the emissions on the MOT with the stock cats currently fitted. Having spoken to Tarmac Sportz, they are quoting me £120 for fitting the Invidia Gemini Cat-Back.

So my question would be, shall I just get the Invidia Exhaust system or should I replace the cats as well with HFC's as Kwik Fit stated that they needed changing due to corrosion (although as previously stated they were fine for the MOT). Any other benefits of investing in HFC's? I'm assuming they would provide a small boost in power and noise in addition to the noise/power increase of the Invidia exhaust?

Apologies I'm not very clued up with regards to exhausts systems (or modding in general)

I think its a safe bet, Kwik Fit are talking sh*te. It's probably just the heat shields that are corroded on the cats.

I'd get a trust worthy second opinion on them before shelling out the extra on HFC's if you are planning a full system and remap later then just go for the lot. Keep the cats and take them to the scrap dealers, worth a few quid back in your pocket for the precious metals ;) 

Please don't ever take your zed to Kwik Fit again, in fact just avoid any "free" checks companies offer because they're almost always a con to extort you into getting a load of work done that's not actually needed.

HFCs will free up a bit more power and increase the volume a fair amount, but they may also throw up a CEL which will require O2 sensor spacers or a remap to get rid of. 

The guys at Tarmacsportz will give you a trustworthy opinion as to the condition of current setup. 

• Like 1

I'll also mention Tarmac Sports actually booked an appointment and were happy to let me get under the car to have a look around, one of the other recommendations on this thread fobbed me off - the drive to Derby is worth the smiles per gallon and the customer service. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Umster said:

I'll also mention Tarmac Sports actually booked an appointment and were happy to let me get under the car to have a look around, one of the other recommendations on this thread fobbed me off - the drive to Derby is worth the smiles per gallon and the customer service. 

Ha. Funny you should mention being fobbed off by a certain garage. Same here, twice! No appointments till April I was told when I tried to book my 370z for it's P3 service a few weeks ago (I remember I had the same response 2yrs ago too).

Maybe they don't like 370's anymore?

3 hours ago, Umster said:

one of the other recommendations on this thread fobbed me off

I think my post might have caused some confusion - I'll just call them out. 

RPM fobbed me off a few times and realised it wasn't worth the hassle going to the closest place.

I tried to book with Mitz at Cougar but was told that due to personal health reasons, they weren't open at the time and said they didn't know when they'd be back to normal. 

Thanks for all the advice, really helpful. Im gonna get a second opinion on the cats out of curiosity but either way think for the time being im just going to go for the new cat back Gemini exhaust. If the cats fail me down the line with the MOT, ill deal with them then. :thumbs:

• Like 2