350z roadster tonneau cover trim/strip *Name of this part?*

jbrunouk

HI all..

My roadster tonneau cover has some paint peel which i need to get resprayed. I have been trying to find out what the name of this plastic strip is stuck to the tonneau which weather seals the back of the roof when it locks in. I need to buy a new one and cannot even get the name of the part.

I have been made aware that the paint is a weakness on the tonneau cover as posted on the facebook group and at least 6 people have had bubbling in the same area all with silver zeds.

So just need to know where anyone knows where to get the plastic trim piece and its name (first pic)... 

Inkeds-l640_LI.jpg

20210211_151509.jpg

Edited by jbrunouk

I am dismantling a 350Z Roadster at the minute and I will have this part in stock.

The car is also in silver so if any other parts are required just let me know.

I also have a complete tonneau cover finished in silver in stock if required which would save you painting it.

Let me check out the condition of the moulding for you.

Alex. :)

What colour silver is it as my car is KYO silver.. and the moulding I dont know it can be removed without damaging the paint..

If do you condition of the tonneau cover and paint. 

I may well need some other bits... 

Edited by jbrunouk

The tonneau cover is in great shape and the sealing strip is all in one piece with no cracks or tears.

The paintwork is finished in KYO and is original and mint, with no marks or scratches etc.

It will take about 1 hours labour to swop over the covers and is a very easy and straight forward job.

If you wish to proceed then just drop me a PM and I will will work out a price for you.

Roadster5.jpg

Looks good Alex... You say mint so no bubbling paint at all in the area mine had it...  Notorious Nissan silver paint issue...

I have sent a PM, as car is booked in for spray job on Wednesday so hopefully we can chat before this as I can then cancel