Hi, New Owner (soon)

2 hours ago, Matay20 said:

Needed a reason to get one...😛 getting old seemed reasonable.

enjoy the new car, looks great. I am not far off 50 and am doing exactly the same 😂

Edited by DoogyRev

Happy birthday and congratulations on the new arrival:thumbs:.

Nissan definitely had a good eye for wheel design when they made the rims for the 370zB).

Looks like you have a soft spot for convertibles with the Mini sat alongside.

We've had our Mini Cooper for 15 years and love ours to bits.

I'm not sure if it's the same for the roadster as the coupe, but many owners pulled the fuse for the steering lock mechanism as it would prevent a more costly repair if it failed.

Happy zed ownership and by the way, that grin doesn't go away. In years to come you'll still have the same grin every time:teeth:

Replaced the massive aerial as it hit the garage door. No other plans, still under 15k mileage so would like to keep it standard.

I quite like the fact its quiet, suits a 50 yo better but I can see why that’s the first thing many people change and I would have done a few years ago.

Maybe if something need replacing I’ll go aftermarket but no budget for swapping usable working parts for a while.

10 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:Happy birthday and congratulations on the new arrival:thumbs:.

Nissan definitely had a good eye for wheel design when they made the rims for the 370zB).

Looks like you have a soft spot for convertibles with the Mini sat alongside.

We've had our Mini Cooper for 15 years and love ours to bits.

I'm not sure if it's the same for the roadster as the coupe, but many owners pulled the fuse for the steering lock mechanism as it would prevent a more costly repair if it failed.

Happy zed ownership and by the way, that grin doesn't go away. In years to come you'll still have the same grin every time:teeth:

Thanks.

Love the wheels, think being slightly darker they set the Pearl white off  beautifully.

Open top love started with a Volvo C70, got the mini 2 years ago after agreeing a price on a 370 but not putting a deposit down and it being sold next day.

hoping my son buys the mini when he finishes Uni, would be a shame to sell it but my wife wants the ‘s’ literally just for the bonnet scoop 🤷🏼‍♂️

Slightly worried about the insurance issue on this... I’ve currently got a 6 month warranty so will get the car checked before it ends at cougar and get them to pull it and replace with a blown one at that time.

Great cars, my wife has one a loves it.

You mentioned the gallery gasket issue, we had both ours done just to be on the safe side.

No oil escapes from the engine, it is an internal gasket that is crappy paper on the earlier cars and was swapped to metal in 2012.

Maybe just get the gasket done anyway, just for peace of mind?

Anyway, enjoy and hopefully we'll get some good weather again soon.

PS. I'm 99% sure I read the roofs don't like being opened when it's very cold, I can't remember the actual numbers but we leave ours until it's sunny so to not tempt fate.

• 4 months later...