Hi, New Owner (soon)

Hi, I've been looking for a Roadster for around 2 years now (sorry coupe purists:headhurt:) and finally found one worthy of my hard earned/saved cash.

The prices seem to have risen in that time by £1-3K unless the only ones available now are the better ones although a grey one that's currently for sale on the major car websites need 6 panels painting and the wheels refurbed for £13k.

I've got a 2011 pearl white with 15k on the clock waiting in the wings. It's fresh in from a collection in (nice warm) Guernsey and immaculate.

Looking forward to a drive after lockdown and ownership mid to late March.

Any information on what to look for would be greatly appreciated as although this car looks and feels new with its low mileage its pushing 10 years old so anything age related rather than mileage related may start to rear their ugly heads. Gallery gasket scares the bejesus out of me, what are the symptons, is it purely oil leaking?

Oh, and it will be kept standard as its only for summer weekends and UK touring.

• Like 2

No issues(touch wood). Only done just over 3k miles in it up to yet though. Use it as an occasional/weekend car(I haven't used it since Dec 14th and I'm missing it to be fair). Looking forward to lockdown ending and the better weather. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, took the car for a test drive yesterday (Datsunitus/Zeditus 1 - COVID 0) 

As expected for the mileage, felt like new, smooth through the gears and quieter than I expected.

Just waiting for agreement on pick up/collection but will be a Zed owner by the bank holiday by the looks of it 🙌🏼

• Like 3

Did all the roadsters have an aerial that stuck out to the side like the TT mk1/2🤔

Aklways had a soft spot for roadsters esp in white and nearly pullled the trigger in the end went 2018 Nismo

This would have been the ideal Z though

Ra79dac5c0af45596b4c8b7f2b9d9f2fc.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 20:43, hmale4yu said:

Did all the roadsters have an aerial that stuck out to the side like the TT mk1/2🤔

Aklways had a soft spot for roadsters esp in white and nearly pullled the trigger in the end went 2018 Nismo

This would have been the ideal Z though

Ra79dac5c0af45596b4c8b7f2b9d9f2fc.jpg

There was a company in Germany converting GT Roadsters for a round figure to the concept Nismo Roadster. Not cheap at all. Could be a nice project and even more unique!

On 11/03/2021 at 20:11, GranTurismoEra said:

There was a company in Germany converting GT Roadsters for a round figure to the concept Nismo Roadster. Not cheap at all. Could be a nice project and even more unique!

Probably one for the yanks since their roadsters got discontinued later so no need to swap the front lights. Not a bad idea if money wasn't an issue.  Nissan USA actually teased that the Nismo Roadster would be released. The Germans for a RS Roadster which was a halfway house not a proper Nismo. The Nismo Roadster had white leather two tone seats. I actually use all my boot space in my Nismo so don't know if I could live with a roadster to be fair. The black roadsters used to be q common in London around 2010

NisRoadConcept_08 - Copy.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu