Lower Control Arm Query

Stock

Hey all,

Got a quick question about the lower control arm on the facelift Z. Need a replacement arm as the bushing is going bad on this one. Had a look around and can see the most common option available are arms for pre-facelift. From my brief research, the ball joint thread is a different thickness between the two? Assuming I have two options, I can find a facelift arm and should just bolt in with no issues, other option is to buy a pre-facelift arm with ball joint and replace both?

Would appreciate any advice, cheers!

Seemingly enough there is a topic in the modification threads for lower arm/ balljoints, similarly someone else has also come into the fact of the difference with two ball joints- Zmanalex has said that you can match arm and balljoint and it’s the width of base of the balljoint which fits up inside the arm that changes the length/ fitment of the thread so depends how much money you want to spend I guess, but I’d definitely trust Alex’s knowledge- hope this helps 

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I last posted, but having another look - there is a difference between the arms as well - the recessed portion where the ball joint sits is deeper on the pre-facelift as on Conceptz links below - this means you will need to buy a matching arm as well for full compatibility:

https://conceptzperformance.com/centric-stoptech-centric-oem-replacement-54501-am601-front-lower-control-arm-lh-03-04-nissan-350z-infiniti-g35-622.42846_p_29631.php

https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-nissan-oem-54501-am602-front-lower-control-arm-link-lh-nissan-350z-05-08-z33_p_4547.php

I'm assuming most of the discount eBay arms are for pre-facelift.

Checking Nissan EPC also shows pre-facelift is 54501-AM601, facelift is 54501-AM602.

Edited by Stock