Steering Lock Help Please!!!!

Blue370z

Hi everyone i bought a 2011 plate 370z and i read up beforehand that there can be steering lock issues.

I had planned to pull the fuse over the next day or two but i think my steering lock has failed already. Can anyone give me any tips on how to disengage it as i was reading on the US forums that if i can get it to disengage il be able to put it into ACC mode and pull the fuse then other people have apparantly being able to disengage it even after it has locked!

i was also reading that the recall nissan done for the steering lock was only for 09-10 cars. So if anyone on here has had the recall done to a 2011 car please let me know as it will be a last resort and thats if nissan will even cover it. and it would mean that i would have to get a recovery vehicle to take the car to nissan! 

on my start button it says lock and i am getting the key symbol on the dash. The car wont start and unable to cycle through to ACC/On etc. Lights and everything still coming on though when using stalk

However when i put my key into the key slot i am getting the arrow with the key on my main screen where my fuel and temp is...so i am unsure if its my key playing up or the steering lock or possibly both! The car does recognize the key as i can lock and unlock it..any help would be much appreciated..its very frustrating as i had literally planned to remove the fuse when i got some free times before this had happened 

3 hours ago, Blue370z said:

Hi everyone i bought a 2011 plate 370z and i read up beforehand that there can be steering lock issues.

I had planned to pull the fuse over the next day or two but i think my steering lock has failed already. Can anyone give me any tips on how to disengage it as i was reading on the US forums that if i can get it to disengage il be able to put it into ACC mode and pull the fuse then other people have apparantly being able to disengage it even after it has locked!

i was also reading that the recall nissan done for the steering lock was only for 09-10 cars. So if anyone on here has had the recall done to a 2011 car please let me know as it will be a last resort and thats if nissan will even cover it. and it would mean that i would have to get a recovery vehicle to take the car to nissan! 

on my start button it says lock and i am getting the key symbol on the dash. The car wont start and unable to cycle through to ACC/On etc. Lights and everything still coming on though when using stalk

However when i put my key into the key slot i am getting the arrow with the key on my main screen where my fuel and temp is...so i am unsure if its my key playing up or the steering lock or possibly both! The car does recognize the key as i can lock and unlock it..any help would be much appreciated..its very frustrating as i had literally planned to remove the fuse when i got some free times before this had happened 

Hi matey i think this link will help

Edited by ShortPaul

• 1 month later...