Tapping into oem bose sub wire?

Matt Pugh

I bought a 2016 nismo but unfortunately either the previous owner took the bose sub or it didn't come with one, either way the cable and connector is still in the boot. 

My question is, can you tap into those wires and connect it to an aftermarket amp and sub? The wires on the cable are Black, Green, White and Red. Am I wrong to think this is power, earth left and right? 

Any help or advice would be appreciated cheers20190924_162048.jpg.5fb15dc0575f22256cb35cc072585a1f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think that plugs into the small Bose amp and then to the sub.

Checking again it does look like the plug to the Sub.

Do you have the small Bose amp installed? It sits in the boot behind the cabin/boot separator 

I replaced mine with an aftermarket option, my post below.

Have the sub and amp in the loft (from my 2018 GT) 

If you are interested - would be costly to courier though I expect

Edited by EvansJD2112

On 18/02/2021 at 16:35, EvansJD2112 said:

I think that plugs into the small Bose amp and then to the sub.

Checking again it does look like the plug to the Sub.

Do you have the small Bose amp installed? It sits in the boot behind the cabin/boot separator 

I replaced mine with an aftermarket option, my post below.

Have the sub and amp in the loft (from my 2018 GT) 

If you are interested - would be costly to courier though I expect

Thanks for getting back to me. The amp is probably still there, I tried to have a look today for the amp but struggled to remove the polystyrene bit below the crash bar, seemed to be under the weird plastic bits so do I have to remove the plastic bits to remove it? Will this aid the process? 

Did you manage to use the wires that plugged into your bose amp for your aftermarket amp? Also there are RCA ports in the center console area, fan I use these to plug into the amp or do I have to feed wires into the HU? 

Here is the sub I have (pic below) still need to get a amp and make an enclosure for it. 

20210207_134132.jpg.226658e917bf2951320c0cbf6df289bc.jpg

9 hours ago, Matt Pugh said:

Thanks for getting back to me. The amp is probably still there, I tried to have a look today for the amp but struggled to remove the polystyrene bit below the crash bar, seemed to be under the weird plastic bits so do I have to remove the plastic bits to remove it? Will this aid the process? 

Did you manage to use the wires that plugged into your bose amp for your aftermarket amp? Also there are RCA ports in the center console area, fan I use these to plug into the amp or do I have to feed wires into the HU? 

Here is the sub I have (pic below) still need to get a amp and make an enclosure for it. 

The kit I bought from R35 Audio came with a plug and play lead that went into the back of the oem HU.

This had the audio out which had RCA out and remote power for the aftermarket sub.

Not sure where to buy just the cable, may be worth reaching out to Andy@R35Audio.com

image.png.dcbb06a62d8f77c16c78aea63a869c46.png

Edited by EvansJD2112