Roadster Roof Fault

checkle91

Hi all! 

So have owned my 350z Roadster for just over a year now and has been problem free until today. 

The car has been sat outside come rain, shine or snow for about 3 months due to needing use of the garage.

Found battery was dead yesterday so took it off and gave it a full charge overnight, battery back on today and fired up the car.

Roof fully opened with no issues but noticed the roof dash light was still lit solid after opening roof. Went to close the roof and it all closes up until the point when the glass should come down onto the deck lid but it stops at this point with the glass still upright. The deck lid folds down but the glass section of the roof doesn't come down.

Any suggestions would be a great help. 

1 hour ago, Ebized said:

My recommendations were to get the roof fabric warmed up and try the operation again.

Failing that the 5th bow motor will probably be the issue.

Hopefully your guide Colin, with help the OP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ebized said:

Cheers for that, have tried recommendation from ZMANALEX and also your TSB. The wire was in the correct location, removed refitted as per doc but still no joy. The 5th bow does operate during roof opening and closing until the very last bit where it should come down onto the lid. Roof warning light on dash constantly lit whether roof fully open or partially closed. Does this still seem like a 5th bow motor issue or could it be micro switch or roof control module related?

Roof operation video: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V5gk9ViblGGenzhj_N4OcvanXOjCOboK/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCFSrEHJrrsebkU5icLjyE8NExfScwYE/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD4QHGpLvG3NS-85iDEuWpGKvagiYhzD/view?usp=drivesdk

Booooooooom! One Roadster roof fully functional again.

I'm glad I didn't waste money on a 5th bow motor. Turns out after spending a few hours checking everything over, it was one of the storage lid down detection switches sticking slightly.......one very happy owner again.

20210130_152930.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZMANALEX said:

As per my pm to you.

Check the micro switches before you replace the 5th bow motor.

Cheers Alex, for reference these are the plunger type switches by the latches underneath the leather liner. Thanks for everyone's input always.