Recent Update

You will have noticed that we've had a minor refresh to the look of the forum as part of keeping up to date. I think we've fixed all the little things that broke, like the background and logo and some links - but if you spot anything broken, please let me know below. We may be able to fix it, we may not, but please do let us know :)

• Like 3

I had a bit of an issue yesterday - not sure if it's connected to the update - macOS Big Sur told me I was having  a security issue with someone trying to gain access to my computer on this website.

I logged out and later logged back in and all seems to be well now. I later had a similar issue on 911uk.com where I was advised by popup to change my password, which I did.

As I say, it could have all been coincidental.

Edited by ATTAK Z

12 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I had a bit of an issue yesterday - not sure if it's connected to the update - macOS Big Sur told me I was having  a security issue with someone trying to gain access to my computer on this website.

I logged out and later logged back in and all seems to be well now. I later had a similar issue on 911uk.com where I was advised by popup to change my password, which I did.

As I say, it could have all be coincidental.

Ah not just me then, I was getting the same message too on my iPhone about it suddenly not being secure. But come back today and seems fine and now has the updated cosmetics. Hopefully just a blip whilst it was changing over. 

5 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

As I say, it could have all been coincidental.

No such thing as coincidence, issue with a certificate. All good.

1 hour ago, ShortPaul said:

Looks much better, but i had panic stations Wednesday night, when i tried to go on to the forum i had a pop up on my screen saying that the site was insecure and my details were being hacked

Yes, I had a similar fright.

To Admin: May I suggest that when updates are planned that could directly affect users, they be flagged up beforehand?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ebized said:

Yes, I had a similar fright.

To Admin: May I suggest that when updates are planned that could directly affect users, they be flagged up beforehand?

That would be ideal. Often they are unplanned. At work, I’d usually schedule changes weeks in advance with plenty of comms, but I have a team of 30 and millions of pounds. This amazing place hangs together by the goodwill of a dwindling few and we seldom have anything other than availability of people or urgency of need under consideration.

Apologies for any panic, we do try to post on the faceballz to keep people appraised but it’s not always possible. A genuine constraint of running on a shoestring and keeping it free to members. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding Chrome or other browsers pop ups or warning messages. They’re generic and we have no control over how alarmist they are.

• Like 2

Just now, Stutopia said:

That would be ideal. Often they are unplanned. At work, I’d usually schedule changes weeks in advance with plenty of comms, but I have a team of 30 and millions of pounds. This amazing place hangs together by the goodwill of a dwindling few and we seldom have anything other than availability of people or urgency of need under consideration.

Apologies for any panic, we do try to post on the faceballz to keep people appraised but it’s not always possible. A genuine constraint of running on a shoestring and keeping it free to members. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding Chrome or other browsers pop ups or warning messages. They’re generic and we have no control over how alarmist they are.

I propose we lower your wages here as an admin for 3 months and you also give people free membership for 1 year! 

• Haha 4