Vortech Tuner Kit confusion

daniel94

So after going through most of the threads in FI section trying to get somewhat of an idea of things needed to supercharge the Zed and keep it reliable, I’ve seen people mentioning that you can get away with getting the Vortech tuner kit and upgrading fuel pump and injectors.

does that mean the fuel return system is not necessary? Is anyone running SC without one, or am I misunderstanding it? 
TIA

Thanks for your answer .

what I don’t understand are the benefits of FRS. is it needed for more power or better reliability?

does it even make a difference with stock block and v2/v3 kit with stock pulleys?

I know it’s a lot of questions but I really can’t get my head around it lol

Tuner kit usually means its not plug and play ie you need to get a custom tune etc 

The frs is maintain stable fuel pressure in relation to boost if your not shooting for big boost and have an upgraded pump and good injectors then you can get away with not using the frs ....but its belt and braces 

On the 370 they can play with injector duty now against boost so its not such a big deal I dont know if thats possible on the 350 with uprev 

• Thanks 1

Ok I get that. I’m just looking at the stuff I’d need to do, once it’s all done the car would go on a flat bed to get tuned anyway so custom tune is not a problem.

Just trying to understand what needs to be done, what’s the better way of doing things etc.

thanks for that guys

Cars not getting boosted for a while anyway, I’m kinda trying to see how much it would all cost to know if it’s worth it or not 

our cars dont use a return line, so pump forces fuel into the line and it stays at the desired pressure, when you start wanting more fuel the pump has to pump harder and regulate itself for the increased demand.

A fuel return system keeps the pump at the same pressure and bleeds back any over pressure so when the fuel injectors start demanding more then the fuel pressure regulator simply stops diverting back to the tank on the return line to keep the pressure stable rather than force the pump to start regulating its output more... giving the increased chance of issues.

As above its not needed just there to increase safety margins and less stress on the pump.

fuel return kit allows the fuel pressure to rise in relation to boost pressure, So keeping the differential fuel pressure correct so the injector spray pattern is consistent

A non return fuel system when used on a FI car the differential fuel pressure drops as the boost rises , the injector spray will start to become in-consistent which can cause issues;

Reason for return-less system is cheaper not as man parts and  doesn't heat the fuel as nothing is returned.

If your going FI a fuel return system is the way to go , people say you don't need it but it is a better way to go in our opinon

4 hours ago, Mark@Abbey m/s said:

fuel return kit allows the fuel pressure to rise in relation to boost pressure, So keeping the differential fuel pressure correct so the injector spray pattern is consistent

A non return fuel system when used on a FI car the differential fuel pressure drops as the boost rises , the injector spray will start to become in-consistent which can cause issues;

Reason for return-less system is cheaper not as man parts and  doesn't heat the fuel as nothing is returned.

If your going FI a fuel return system is the way to go , people say you don't need it but it is a better way to go in our opinon

Even on the 370z with ecutek 

Because you mentioned taking mine off