Come get your Vaccine Passports, limited time only

Whos getting the vaccine? 

im still researching into it. Heard some horror statements from Norway and US. Will you get it so you can get the invisible freedom pass.  Apparently if this comes into play the dark web is available :lol:

Vaccine apparently reduces the illness effects but wont stop you superspreading asymptomatically. Im just wondering how the new seasonal strains will affect people with the vaccine already taken.

You just know new strains will appear in March to extend lockdown or keep the tiers going.

Im just looking forward to the drop to Tier 2-3 nationwide so I can take a long road trip.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just checking a list I found on YouTube and They microchipped you when you had your MMR jab (specifically the 2nd M, if you're interested), so They just gave you a saline solution this time round,

To be fair mate, you’ve simply avoided his questions by pretending you didn’t say things. You can see why he’d get wound up. 

Posted Images

Yeah i'll definitely get it when i can... 4 million people in the UK have already had it... probably another 20 million to go before im eligible... they will surely have ironed out any bugs by then. 

Edited by marzman
  • Like 1

I'm booked in for 26 Jan.

There's 14 staff at our dental clinic.

5 already had Covid-19.

They were all under 25.

1 was bedridden for a week at home.

The rest just mild symptoms.

I'm nearly 50 so any help to survive an attack is welcome.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Sorry to hear that Stu :( 

Fortunately (I realise how wrong that word is but can’t think of another), it’s not been my family but that of friends, it’s certainly reinvigorated my vigilance and I’ve developed a real hatred for the kind of people who said this wasn’t real and can’t be arsed to put on ask for 10 minutes in a shop.

• Like 1

No, 

I really hope it's not forced on those that don't wish to receive it. As in limit travel, access to certain things, reduce folks benefits etc

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

No, 

I really hope it's not forced on those that don't wish to receive it. As in limit travel, access to certain things, reduce folks benefits etc

Any specific reasons or just the usual anti-vaccine stuff?

27 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

Having had 4 deaths very close to home recently, I’ll be getting it as soon as I’m allowed.

Sorry to hear this Stu :thumbdown:

11 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

No, 

I don't think I will be able to get it until Sep time over here. I can't say I would be jumping on a plane unless you have either been vaccinated or had a neg test 72 hrs before departure. According to Air Canada there have been 1300 flights between Sept and Dec arriving or departing Canada that have had Covid on them.

We were probably one of the early Covid adopters (march last year) thankfully mild symptoms but did take me and other half a few weeks to get back to normal.

It won't be until about September I guess vaccine wise for me? 

Let's hope it makes things better.

Does the maths of these vaccines not offend anyone's sensibility? 

The historical best ever flu vaccine was 60% effective. Most years its 40%.

But now they've whipped something up that is 99 odd%. And worth billions.

Based on terrible science.

They give the trial vaccine to healthy people and then don't expose them to the disease - which would be a solid proof. Instead they just send them away into the world and claim success when they don't die. 

Edited by Kieran O'Quick
  • Like 6

Every year they have to best guess what strain of flu will be the one they need to create a vaccine for. Therefore it's created in a non ideal scenario. The covid vaccine was created with the idea of attacking the original strain and therefore it can be more effective.

I'll be getting it in a couple of weeks via work.

8 hours ago, Stutopia said:

Any specific reasons or just the usual anti-vaccine stuff?

Its a personal choice, I don't have the annual flu jab either. Our youngest a couple years back had the nasal spray at school and got really ill from it, to the point where we had the paramedics out to the house. Mentioned what happen and they both said they don't allow their children to have the flu jab, as around the same time every year they go out to many more cases and when asked most have had the jab. 

In order to make a decision one must look at the available data and chose whether or not it's for them, I don't believe the narrative. I also don't believe that honestly and truthfully the pharmaceutical industry wants everyone to he happy and healthy, it's bad for stakeholders. 

Again it's a personal choice.

• Like 1

We all have personal choice on this, which we have to respect. As usual there is a lot of misinformation out there that you have to navigate - that means your own research isn’t typing something into Google then skipping everything you see until you get to an article that corroborates your own initial thoughts.  

Dave sorry to hear about your kid mate, but if it helps my sons class of 20 odd kids all had flu done and none got sick, I suspect yours was an outlier and not representative of flu or any vaccine. 

AstraZaneca are charging the vaccine out at cost, if it helps you decide to take a vaccine that isn’t a profiteering exercise. 

I will be getting it, even though I had it over Christmas. A recent study of 24k health workers showed immunity only lasts on average 5 months so worth getting it done. 

• Like 2

My girl's incident doesn't sway my choice so much as the first hand experience of the two paramedics. You are completely right about finding echo cambers that agree with your own initial world view. Meaning the matter isn't evidence or the lack there off, but what makes sense to the individual. 

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Its a personal choice, I don't have the annual flu jab either. Our youngest a couple years back had the nasal spray at school and got really ill from it, to the point where we had the paramedics out to the house. Mentioned what happen and they both said they don't allow their children to have the flu jab, as around the same time every year they go out to many more cases and when asked most have had the jab. 

In order to make a decision one must look at the available data and chose whether or not it's for them, I don't believe the narrative. I also don't believe that honestly and truthfully the pharmaceutical industry wants everyone to he happy and healthy, it's bad for stakeholders. 

Again it's a personal choice.

It’s only a personal choice for non-contagious conditions. For anything else the word ‘personal’ can be replaced with ‘selfish’. They’re not synonyms, it’s just the misappropriation of meaning to make evidence based decision making into something about rights or beliefs.

On the flip side, I’ve not seen the data on relationship between nasal spray and Covid vaccination complications.

Fortunately, so long as the bulk of the population can see past YouTube evidence there should be enough uptake that the selfish get to enjoy the benefits of the choices made by others. No one should be forced to take anything, but it’s hard to imagine all the people who enjoy the personal choice also drop out of other mass health initiatives like water fluoridation. Maybe that will be something that cycles round when anti-vaccine is less en vogue and a new internet based peril is ready to attract ad spends.

What I can’t reconcile though is that someone would call a paramedic, presumably equipped with the knowledge and tools of pharmaceuticals and medicine, in an emergency? Why would they be of use?

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Stutopia said:

Having had 4 deaths very close to home recently, I’ll be getting it as soon as I’m allowed.

sorry to hear, im in NHS so I can take it asap. Some 70s and over still haven't received their letter

10 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Sorry to hear this Stu :thumbdown:

I don't think I will be able to get it until Sep time over here. I can't say I would be jumping on a plane unless you have either been vaccinated or had a neg test 72 hrs before departure. According to Air Canada there have been 1300 flights between Sept and Dec arriving or departing Canada that have had Covid on them.

90 minutes triple checks for negative tests and grilling at the border now which is good

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

My girl's incident doesn't sway my choice so much as the first hand experience of the two paramedics. You are completely right about finding echo cambers that agree with your own initial world view. Meaning the matter isn't evidence or the lack there off, but what makes sense to the individual. 

I can imagine the incident with your daughter was harrowing and to be honest I don’t blame you for feeling like veering away. 

That said, objectively, flu vaccinations are not causing mass child hospitalisation and are very rare. Paramedics are not an objective source of truth, it’s their job to see sick people all day. How many perfectly fine children who had it are they benchmarking their “counts” against?

Vaccinations aren’t the be all and end all, they are part of a bigger thing. That is wash your hands, wear masks, get tested, be sensible. In fact I think having hand sanitiser at shop doors should be just a normal thing even post-covid, it makes so much sense.

• Like 2

Considering I'm happy to shove processed food into my mouth and cigarettes that will ultimately kill me, I'm happy to take the vaccine. 

I'd rather die bungee jumping or whatever than in a hospital bed on a ventilator. I'd also not like to see my friends or family go out with Corona. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

90 minutes triple checks for negative tests and grilling at the border now which is good

About bloody time!! They should have stopped air travel or in fact most travel from abroad a long time ago? They have traditionally been slack it's not particularly the airport's fault just the government dithering?

Last year when France was going through the mill a work colleague who is French came back from Paris to Manchester that very week they were locking down, not a single check or anything at either airport? I expected her to be prohibited from travel but no? 

1 hour ago, stanski said:

About bloody time!! They should have stopped air travel or in fact most travel from abroad a long time ago? They have traditionally been slack it's not particularly the airport's fault just the government dithering?

Last year when France was going through the mill a work colleague who is French came back from Paris to Manchester that very week they were locking down, not a single check or anything at either airport? I expected her to be prohibited from travel but no? 

Daily Mail rumour mill lol compared to Korea and New Zealand UK has been very lax.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • GranTurismoEra changed the title to Come get your Vaccine Passports, limited time only