Looking for my first Zed

Hi guys,

New to this forum and looking for my first Zed.

After browsing many adverts and listings and also reading up on Zeds, I’ve come to the decision on the 370Z Nismo, notably this one I found at Midwest Performance UK Ltd, here is the link on Autotrader, also advertised on eBay and also states it has 5 owners. Autodrader link:- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011306634107?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=relevance&model=370 Z&advertising-location=at_cars&keywords=Nismo&make=NISSAN&include-delivery-option=on&postcode=cw25al&radius=1500&page=1

ebay link:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-NISSAN-370Z-NISMO-INJEN-Exhaust-AEM-Intakes-New-Clutch-Finance-Available/324447580964?hash=item4b8a953324:g:z28AAOSwJZ5f2Kc9

If anyone can give any advice or know anything about this car, will be much appreciated, also any other knowledgeable advice to a first time Zed would be owner.

Many thanks in advance guys

Edited by Birani
Mis spelt
  • Like 2

You can find pampered ones with very low mileage for around £20K.

I bought my 2015 Nismo around 2/3 years ago for £23K with around 10K on the clock - one owner and absolutely A1 condition.

There are a couple of brand new ones on autotrader for just over £30K and probably still room to haggle (they will want shut of them now).

• Like 1

The same car came up here last week. AVOID, Overpriced, too many owners and no mention of servicing. These cars need maintaining, cut corners on the roads but not on maintenance. I owned one myself for 3 years, great cars but move on from this one is my advice. Welcome along.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Black is nice too. @Whitevanman one looked really fresh depends on how you keep it really. Ive got a white one thats no where near perfect but still fresh overall. 

The red one is not bad id still say if it was private it would be cheaper by a grand or more. 

Production is coming to an end so new ones will be few. There should be more coming up over the next 5 months.

I think many people will hold on now its end of life in terms of production unless hard times hit. 

• Like 2

That car in the original advert has had new clutch, lwf, aem intakes and a remap: that’s easy a couple of grand of extras there. I can’t see how that’s bad value compared with a standard one that might well need the clutch doing soon anyway. Haggle another couple of grand off and that would seem to be a bargain. 

Five owners isn’t unusual for a thirsty sports coupe these days at all. People buy them then realise it costs a bomb to actually drive one properly!

• Like 1

Nope but that's either wrapped or had a respray as that colour wasn't an option on the car. Unusual that its been modded and its not known on this forum (to my knowledge). Not a bad thing by any means but if that's been resprayed someone has spent a lot of money on the car.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Payco said:

Nope but that's either wrapped or had a respray as that colour wasn't an option on the car. Unusual that its been modded and its not known on this forum (to my knowledge). Not a bad thing by any means but if that's been resprayed someone has spent a lot of money on the car.

Its a wrap. Says so on the advert.

Normally I would shy away from a wrapped car because you don't know how well it has been wrapped or the condition of the paint underneath. But then the previous owner may have had it wrapped from nearly new in an attempt to preserve the paint.

£26K is a lot for a second hand car when a new one can be had for £30K with proper warranty etc. I would not consider that the wrap 'adds' value - they have a limited lifetime and then either needs to be re-done or removed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ponsonby said:

Normally I would shy away from a wrapped car because you don't know how well it has been wrapped or the condition of the paint underneath. But then the previous owner may have had it wrapped from nearly new in an attempt to preserve the paint.

£26K is a lot for a second hand car when a new one can be had for £30K with proper warranty etc. I would not consider that the wrap 'adds' value - they have a limited lifetime and then either needs to be re-done or removed.

Unfortunately mods don't usually add any value as i have found out over the years, it certainly looks different and can see its white under that wrap 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ponsonby said:

A quick question......how long does a wrap last on a car and how much does one cost and are they eat to remove ? 

contact Zippypooz on here. Nice guy and a highly professional wrapper who has won awards and done plenty of work for forum members on here. Will depend on what wrap they have used ie Hexis/3M. About £3k for a half decent job. Photo of mine wrapped by Steve (zippypooz) About £500 worth of material just on mine. Steve will tell you that wraps can look good but as he has pointed out at many shows a lot have cut lines on the paintwork and have not been done well at all. It will need very close inspection.

reflections (2).jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Payco said:

contact Zippypooz on here. Nice guy and a highly professional wrapper who has won awards and done plenty of work for forum members on here. Will depend on what wrap they have used ie Hexis/3M. About £3k for a half decent job. Photo of mine wrapped by Steve (zippypooz) About £500 worth of material just on mine. Steve will tell you that wraps can look good but as he has pointed out at many shows a lot have cut lines on the paintwork and have not been done well at all. It will need very close inspection.

reflections (2).jpg

Very nice car matey and excellent job

• Like 1