370z GT to 370z Nismo?

LJS94

On 13/01/2021 at 00:05, HEADPHONES said:

Personally I'd seriously consider a bodykit.

Maybe some inspiration from Silverthorn's Zed......

Screenshot_2021-01-13-00-03-04-496_com.android.chrome.jpg

Read through that after you posted it, loved how it looked at the start before it started getting wild, fair play he's spent some money on that 

On 13/01/2021 at 10:22, Lee370Z said:

I absolutely love the way that the 370Z Nismo looks, but the fake interior noise and the very quiet standard exhaust do come in for a fair bit of criticism(the later model). The exhaust is an easy fix though, and I presume that you can disconnect the fake interior noise as well. 

From what I read the 370Z Nismo is much more sharper to drive than the standard 370Z. The looks of the 370Z Nismo are heavenly for me. :wub:

Exhaust would be sorted as I have an Armytrix, so no issues there 

Agreed I think the nismo is

b e a uuutiful 

On 13/01/2021 at 10:42, ShortPaul said:

I came from a 350z de to a fresh out of the box nismo and the difference is night and day, the fake v6 soundtrack isn't that annoying i think it can be deleted 

IMG_20200912_145035.jpg

I'd have to find a way to delete that, lovely car

Glad you're pleased with it 

MK3 Focus RS behind you, I had one, sold it after 3 months 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2021 at 19:49, Olly350z said:

I don't think the MK1 has come down at all? Saw one for sale the other day and it was still 20 grand! The MK2 isn't exactly common either

I think the OP needs to weigh up whether the 10 grand difference is worth it in the cars, or as others say that is a boatload of modifications. Thats a tough decision 

Saw a nice MK1 for sale the other day for 18.5k, think it's sold now 

On 13/01/2021 at 22:43, Lewis Schwier said:

If you want exclusivity you could go for the mk1, not many about and not that often up for sale. It doesn't have the nice Recaro seats the mk2 has but it also doesn't have the fake noise through the speakers. Pros and cons. I went from a 350z to a Nismo. 1 because I always wanted one but also because I was going to get the Vis Racing Body kit for my 350z and quickly realised that I would be spending Nismo money once I had fitted and painted it. I think they are worth the money in looks alone compared to standard 370z let along the performance upgrades too. 

20201230_050132.jpg.ca79968d9974de5e5fc5948bef5f52c3.jpg

Yep that's sort of my thinking too, to get my car how I want it I'd have to spend a couple of grand. 

That is stunning, love the wheels!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LJS94 said:

The other bit of me says if I buy a nismo I'll want to do stuff to that as well haha 

Don't get me wrong the grass is always greener but unless you keep the Nismo stock, it won't hold value as much as you'd like. 

Either way, I hope you do what makes you happy - all the opinions count for nothing! Wish I still had my Z! 

Interesting topic, thought I'd chime in as I test drove 2 370z over the lifecycle before I went for the Mk2 Nismo in 2018. First one was a pre-facelift GT, second was a facelift GT and obviously the last was the Nismo Mk2. 

CONS of getting a Mk2 Nismo 

Not necessarily the best bang for your buck but depends really on the perspective you're looking at it really (see below). IMO getting a GT and adding a bodykit still doesnt resolve the issue that the standard 370z has a poor interior. When I test drove the GT cars I didnt mind as it was in the 2010s but by late 2017 they really looked dated hence another reason why I went for the Mk2 Nismo. You will also get that issue with the Mk1 Nismo. I know you don't buy a 370z for its interior but when you're paying that amount of money you want something that at least exceeds VW, Seat and the Korean, US brands. The Mk2 does that although falls shorts of the Germans. 

The quality of the leather on the seats isnt the best; Despite the seat being super comfy the leather shows sign of wear. I reg clean mine and am not a big guy yet still the leather does not  age well compared to Benz, Audi leather 

Similarly upkeep of the recaro elements notably the steering wheel 

PROS of getting the Mk2 Nismo (mainly visual)

Looks v modern from the outside. The casual observer thinks its a new car. Put it this way makes the current TTRS look like nothing special. Specifically the tinted front lights contrasts really well to Storm White. The front and rear bumpers match each other. Red accents really blend in well. It's just so visually appealing to the eye (based on feedback from others past 3 years) that I can only think of the Alfa 4C in Pearl White with the teledial wheels and exposed headlights offering more from an eye candy perspective at that price range. It's a bit like the difference between the Evora when it came out and the Evora 400 but the difference is more  

Tbh I cant recall the feel of the standard 370z since I test drove many years before I got the Mk2 Nismo. I do recall the steering being lighter. They were both Autos however. I prefer the look of the pre facelift with its fangs over the GT facelift  

Edited by hmale4yu

IMG_20200913_204345_090.jpg.dba676ec91209a0226a72ba6f46e51b2.jpg

IMG_20200913_204345_096.jpg.45071ab8e5d071365a8f11723df11d6d.jpg

I still get a willy twinge everytime I park up and walk away :wub:

20201018_151213.jpg.848b9177ee9eab44bfcbc47a28ddd335.jpg

I know its based on an older car, but thats its appeal. New car reliability mixed with old car vibes, which isn't dampened by interfering modern technology that hinders the drive. Id argue the point 90% of Nismo owners didn't even know there cars had this "active sound" till it was pointed out. Shameless picture whoring and I don't even care 

• Like 3

Did someone mention Nismo picture whoring. Here's my old car (again). Best thing about was I told the wife it was the finished article when I brought it and the modding was over.:teeth:

reflections.jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Haha 1

Funny thing ive considered moving to a GT. Either way I got mine for 20k....

People offered 18-19....Since production is pretty much done I decided to keep mine while others put their mark 1 at 20k plus. :lol:. Good luck getting a cheap one post production. 

Crazy thing 144,000 views on 370Z on Autotrader in a month apparently. Only live once! When youre driving one, people speed up or hang back to look. Kids love it plus some people would have looked on Autotrader then gone to get a Beamer. Then you turn up and theyre staring. Dont be one of those guys :lol:

IMG_20200711_220851_112.jpg

When someone wrote off my 350, felt like the world had ended. 

I bought a 2019 Nismo, best thing ive ever done. Absolute night and day to the 350, and as said previously it's an attention grabber so always allow an extra 20 minutes for your shopping trips for the inevitable chat about the car :) 

Only things that really bug me are the lack of modern infotainment like Apple and Android car play, the dated look of Orange lights everywhere, the fact they thought we needed 3 places to tell the time ??? and finally, the complete lack of exhaust noise. Soon to be addressed with some short tails :)  

Mandatory Nismo Pic:

Pop_1.jpg

Digital radio existed on the Micra years ago. All needs retrofitting. The new one will have all that im sure. Will be years before I can afford the Zed P though. Will keep this for 3 more years I think. Then look into importing a Z P maybe. By then will hopefully be around 30k and under because no one in Japan wants it :lol:

Good old cousin Juke. Drove a Turbo one. A to B really. The new ones interior is much better. 

I did exactly this, and went from an early GT model to a MK2 Nismo. Although in a nutshell they are the the same car, there are loads of things i loved about upgrading! And in my view it was so worth it!

- The MK2 nismo bodykit is just worlds above the GT. I already purchased a Nismo front bumper for the GT, and planned to get the rear as well.

- The Recaro seats completely change the interior and are so nice! (I lost heated and electric seats but because of the look of them i dont care!)

- The Nismo is on stiffer springs and dropped slightly. And has extra strut bars for stiffness. It definitely handles better!

- It has wider rear tires (285 rather than 275) which is nice in the wet.

- There were more small differences for me as mine was an 09 model. So i gained a rear view camera, touch screen, updated sat nav.

- And lastly you get to say you have a Nismo :D

E74162C8-91B7-45E3-86BF-4B01CCCF6FAE.jpeg.290404857c452668c63cf08e2cb5779e.jpeg

26532780-E89B-4279-B82E-C38F43F8F850.jpeg.4a0fd02f4c7416907e5c6f6623b4f7b1.jpeg

Edited by davidv10
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got to agree with the people have are suggesting just going down the more mods route.

I did look at changing mine a few times but then went full modding mad and went FI along with a string of other things.

As long as I don't think about how much I've spend I'm fine but seriously, it has been worth it, smiles for miles :) and I never get tired with how she looks, just like my wife. :thumbs:

On 15/02/2021 at 07:01, GranTurismoEra said:

The GT looks very toned down in comparison. Its probably a lot more comfortable than a Nismo

Since the "fanged" pre-facelift, I think the Nismo Mk2 is the only variant that "solves" the gaping rectangular  front end that even the 350z had tbh.

Although the inspiration may have come from this! 

2016-Koenigsegg-Regera.jpg

• Like 1