370z GT to 370z Nismo?

LJS94

Hi guys, 

I have a lovely 370z at the moment which I didn't plan on keeping for long but I've grown to like it alot more than I thought I would.

I'm considering upgrading to a 370z Nismo (I've never driven one just like how they look). 

Is the Nismo worth the upgrade do you think? Would be looking to keep it for a few years hence why I'm considering changing to something a bit newer than my 2010 model. Or is there no point? 

My car currently has coilovers, an Armytrix exhaust, and I recently had the clutch changed. 

I would of course keep the Armytrix (assuming it would fit a nismo) 

Cheers 

The easiest way is to test drive a Nismo and see how you find it, I say this because you'll find them identical in areas and completely different in others. 

As an example, I came from a 350z to my Nismo, and had heated electric leather seats in the 350z, which despite the simply superb Recaro's in the nismo, I do miss. Why does a flagship car have manual seats? 

You'll find a Nismo more refined as its had 5 + years of tweaks and modifications, but you'll also find the infotainment system hasn't changed in years. Would i ever get rid of my Nismo? Not for the foreseeable 

There are reasonable pros and cons either way, id personally say the biggest decision you have to make is can you financially justify the 10 grand minimum difference between the two? 

I'd imagine for the cost to change you could make yours quite individual to you or even have something different alongside the zed 

Like the others have said logic doesn't come into it if you have the cash and realy want one and plan to keep it especially then go for it 

I've thought of having one to put my bits on and keep but I've done so much to mine theres no point 

• Like 1

I absolutely love the way that the 370Z Nismo looks, but the fake interior noise and the very quiet standard exhaust do come in for a fair bit of criticism(the later model). The exhaust is an easy fix though, and I presume that you can disconnect the fake interior noise as well. 

From what I read the 370Z Nismo is much more sharper to drive than the standard 370Z. The looks of the 370Z Nismo are heavenly for me. :wub:

Edited by Lee370Z
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

I absolutely love the way that the 370Z Nismo looks, but the fake interior noise and the very quiet standard exhaust do come in for a fair bit of criticism(the later model). The exhaust is an easy fix though, and I presume that you can disconnect the fake interior noise as well. 

From what I read the 370Z Nismo is much more sharper to drive than the standard 370Z. The looks of the 370Z Nismo are heavenly for me. :wub:

Could maybe get a Amuse or similar bodykit instead - similar vibe/look and rarer.

The driving dynamics could be improved beyond Nismo spec with aftermarket suspension components - KW or Ohlins coils maybe, adjustable FUCA, rear camber and toe arms....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

The mk1 has come down a fair bit now and there's loads more mk2 about so I hope you're right but not so sure 

I don't think the MK1 has come down at all? Saw one for sale the other day and it was still 20 grand! The MK2 isn't exactly common either

I think the OP needs to weigh up whether the 10 grand difference is worth it in the cars, or as others say that is a boatload of modifications. Thats a tough decision 

I disagree ive seen a couple around the 16/17k Mark granted they are not gt prices but they have halved in value 

The mk2 is not common in the grand scheme of cars in general but a fair bit more so than the mk1 

Out of 58 370zs on the trader at the moment 17 of them.are mk2 nismo 

there's a lot in the midlands :shrug:

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

If you want exclusivity you could go for the mk1, not many about and not that often up for sale. It doesn't have the nice Recaro seats the mk2 has but it also doesn't have the fake noise through the speakers. Pros and cons. I went from a 350z to a Nismo. 1 because I always wanted one but also because I was going to get the Vis Racing Body kit for my 350z and quickly realised that I would be spending Nismo money once I had fitted and painted it. I think they are worth the money in looks alone compared to standard 370z let along the performance upgrades too. 

20201230_050132.jpg.ca79968d9974de5e5fc5948bef5f52c3.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/01/2021 at 18:23, Olly350z said:

The easiest way is to test drive a Nismo and see how you find it, I say this because you'll find them identical in areas and completely different in others. 

As an example, I came from a 350z to my Nismo, and had heated electric leather seats in the 350z, which despite the simply superb Recaro's in the nismo, I do miss. Why does a flagship car have manual seats? 

You'll find a Nismo more refined as its had 5 + years of tweaks and modifications, but you'll also find the infotainment system hasn't changed in years. Would i ever get rid of my Nismo? Not for the foreseeable 

There are reasonable pros and cons either way, id personally say the biggest decision you have to make is can you financially justify the 10 grand minimum difference between the two? 

I love them Recaro seats, but yeah I get your point. The electric ones in my GT certainly makes my partners life easier to get the seat forward. 

Yep I get your point about the price difference too. Tough decision, I'm more than happy with the car I have but do quite like the thought of a nismo for a few years as a 'keeper'. 

On 12/01/2021 at 19:29, Ekona said:

In every logical way, it’s never going to be worth the leap: it doesn’t do anything substantially different. But these things are our passion, and logic doesn’t count. If you want one, buy one :thumbs:

You're right there bud

That is my problem, I never apply logic haha! 

Very tempted! 

On 12/01/2021 at 20:10, LRF4N said:

Why not just get the bodykit if you like the look? And some aftermarket wheels, you’ve already lowered it

Good idea, but then I'm just spending thousands I'll never get back, when I could just buy a nismo and relax.... Or mod that as well knowing me

• Like 1

On 12/01/2021 at 20:22, Umster said:

Save yourself the money and hassle. You've got a car that you know inside and out, with all the mods you wanted etc. 

If you've got the extra money, spend it on a bike or a few more mods. 

Part of me says just buy a Nismo and be happy with it 

The other bit of me says if I buy a nismo I'll want to do stuff to that as well haha 

On 12/01/2021 at 21:55, nissanman312 said:

I'd imagine for the cost to change you could make yours quite individual to you or even have something different alongside the zed 

Like the others have said logic doesn't come into it if you have the cash and realy want one and plan to keep it especially then go for it 

I've thought of having one to put my bits on and keep but I've done so much to mine theres no point 

I know what you're saying yeah, the only thing id keep is the Armytrix to be honest so wouldn't be hard to swap over my bits