VW Scirocco

Mikey_S

Afternoon all

Just wanted to see if any forum members have owned / do own a VW Scirocco?  I've not made any decision yet on the possibility of selling the Z but just enquiring out of interest. 

The Z hardly gets used and I don't have storage for it so toying with the idea of moving it on to someone who may get more use out of it. There's also the possibility of an additional 360 miles a week commute in the not so distant future.

A VW Scirocco has caught my eye in Viper green, a 2.0 TDI (170) so just after some impressions of the car overall. Not going to be able to test drive it until March so it seems and I've found this forum to give excellent opinion ;) 

*The pic is just one ive plucked off google search

Cheers

Mike

91d4fc99eb3c9906e98ce54bace18290.jpg

funnily enough this was on my radar as a practical side step (or slight downgrade) to the 370z Nismo Mk2 

I would be looking at the R facelifted however as they are still expensive for a scirocco but £10k off list. 

I did discover that the Green facelifted Rs do not stay on the market for long at all and sell quickly compared to white, grey etc - prob due to supply/demand. I wonder in what year they stopped making the factlift in green 

My mate had an R and loved it. More nippy then a 370z esp on UK roads. 

I think a few years ago they still had that headturn factor but now not so much. Add that its an old platform I think the smarter move would be to get a 2 door Golf 

• Like 1

My budget isn't that great a bigger house and a mini me is on the agenda for the end of the year. Was looking to spend 8k max (also dependant on what I could potentially get for the Z - 2006 rev up, FSH, 76k on the clock, clean and relatively unmolested model).

Back to the point, I love the colour so it would have to be viper green if I did switch. Diesel for the mileage and the 2.0 TDI. I've read they can be mapped to mid 200's for relatively low cost including a new exhaust.

Seems a 2011-2012 model is around my ball park but much prefer the looks of a Scirocco to a golf.

As I say though, it's just me being bored in lockdown currently but it has tickled my interest.

Thanks for your feedback and always welcome more and alternative suggestions

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I have a scirocco 2.0 tsi petrol. 

I have also owned a 350 not long ago. 

Mine is pretty good, it's pretty reliable, nothing has gone wrong with it since I've had it. I chose to get a petrol as you can get 40mpg on a good run, it's quite a light car. I thought about the diesel but the dpf put me off and there's not that much of a fuel saving between the two. 

I've heard the 1.4 petrol has issues though.

Handling is good, the cabin is nice and we'll put together, it's comfortable inside with adjustable suspension too. If you like the looks of it, it's a good buy.