Bubbles of Water appearing under paint of Ducktail Spoiler :HELP!

da.murf

Hi guys

so last June I had a @Tarmac@TarmacSportz rivet-less ducktail fitted by a body shop

they also smoothed and painted my front bumper. 

finish and match of Bumper is perfect. Spoiler was also great until maybe September. Then small blister/bubbles started to appear. 

photos below : please note this photo was September. There are many more now. 

I though they could be air filled, from maybe pours in the fibreglass. They where inspected by painter today and when we pierced one it was full of water. 

when we fitted Spoiler afaik It was correctly primed etc etc

the original spoiler holes Where Left unsealed under the new ducktail to allow air movement etc. 

help guys.... it’s getting sorted next month but at a loss of what could have caused it?

could damp air from car sitting have gotten up under the spoiler through the original spoiler holes and dampened it from below etc ??

really need forums help on this one lol

FE21DDEB-CC5B-4CC2-8278-8933C42B4E98.jpeg.bf1502470b6120baef1e69f54f7454e0.jpeg

B0141052-5145-4329-BB4D-DDE5B6EDF0C4.jpeg.43e7e88bb6063480fec1fced8e73d035.jpeg

862D40EF-04D9-41BE-B42B-B774CF856EFC.jpeg.139a1d3b5cdfcebd795cf22f30cffc4a.jpeg

Could be a number things that caused it; excess moisture under the paint, using the wrong primer or the surface not being cleaned properly.

Excess moisture might be the more obvious suspect - check to see if there’s any obvious signs of moisture getting in from underneath - but  it could be the way/what was applied; either way take it back to the body shop that painted it and get them to look at it.

Just now, ilogikal1 said:

Could be a number things that caused it; excess moisture under the paint, using the wrong primer or the surface not being cleaned properly.

Excess moisture might be the more obvious suspect - check to see if there’s any obvious signs of moisture getting in from underneath - but  it could be the way/what was applied; either way take it back to the body shop that painted it and get them to look at it.

see that's why I wondered if the oem spoiler holes should have been sealed?

Possible that the bodyshop used a thin layer of filler for a smoother finish which they've left exposed during prep which has absorbed moisture? 

Just an idea, probably wrong however I find it suspect its the majority of the spoiler. If it was one area I'd say its a reaction but not the entire way along