My brothers 1000hp goal

GranTurismoEra

2 hours ago, docwra said:

................. its like having a 24 inch dick - some people will be impressed when you tell them but its not like you can actually use it. 

I'll never know ;)

Edited by ATTAK Z

2 hours ago, coldel said:

I guess for me, you said he has to work stupid hours and doesn't have a great salary yet wants to throw a ton of cash at a car he doesn't drive and is even less likely to drive once it gets even more power. You hinted about you tube but is this purely a willy waving exercise and he is after more the notoriety in car circles than actually building a well sorted car that will lay down the power properly and he drive? 

Bragging right probably. Trying to explain contentment to someone whos chasing numbers like greyhound chasing the bait lol its no use. 

For everyone that has 1000hp, Jonny in Yorkshire has 1200hp. Like someone mentioned where does it end.

Not to mention modified cars are constantly in the garage getting things repaired it all comes with risk and less reliability. 

Hes not really a social media guy but wants to start youtube apparently once the work starts. :lol: 

Its not easy delivering content week in week out. Puts pressure on, half these youtubers get discounted parts even free in some cases he's  spending his own money. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

@docwra has got it nailed though, I’ve driven some big power stuff and some of it has terrified me. Try 300+ in an Elise chassis and tell me you need anything else! Biggest usable power I’ve driven was an F12, but look at the cost that goes into one (and even then it was happy to spin the wheels in 4th in the dry).

Parts are already being bought as mentioned in the original post. You cant say never as someone in this thread was half way there :lol:

Parts purchased so far include (coilovers, exhaust, bodykit) next brake kit, turbo kit, new dash and new tires 

Its going to be a long process for sure. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

He’s chasing 1000bhp because it’s a pretty number and he, on limited budget, buys a.... body kit?!?

Oh wait, Dan beat me to it;

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

So basically he’s in dreamland and this will never happen? Cool, I’m glad we got there in the end. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ekona said:

£50 to a charity of your choice @GranTurismoEra if he gets this finished in the next five years. And £10 if he doesn’t. 

Need a definition of 'finished' haha.

Does it mean 1000hp engine on a engine dyno, or in a rolling working road-worthy car with adequate wheels, tyres, suspension etc?

As we all know, a project car is very rarely finished! :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Payco said:

Be careful Ekona because the way you have written it if he finishes it in a month (which I can see him doing) you have offered him £10 which is less than if he completes in 4 years and 11 months time when you give him £50. Hardly an incentive.:teeth:. You need to reword your t&cs.

There's more chance of me finishing a project that this 1000hp Supra :lol: :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

He’s chasing 1000bhp because it’s a pretty number and he, on limited budget, buys a.... body kit?!?

Oh wait, Dan beat me to it;

Im getting 400Z vibes from this thread.....

I rarely go into build threads but whats a priority for you might not be a priority for others. 

1000hp with no Aero. Very rare. How do you know whats a pipe dream and whats possible. There are people working in McDonald's with more savings and/or investments than the average man on the street...

I dont doubt its near impossible for many. He did pay cash for the Supra and parts bought so far we're all bought in quick succession. 

Its like my assuming the only reason Ian didnt finish his Supra werent because of anything but funds. I dont know him so cant speak for his financial situation. The same applies here. 

People on this forum have spent more than £20,000 on their cars. It wasnt a pipe dream then despite not being a practical or realistic project to the onlooker....

5 hours ago, Ian said:

There's more chance of me finishing a project that this 1000hp Supra :lol: :blush:

If 600hp was your goal then cool....If you quit the game and cashed out for a reason it is what it is. Someone asked what a finished project was. Its finished according to the owners objective and goal. If you're a tinkerman like Ranieri then thats on the person tinkering...

If the goal is 1000hp and safe for the drag strip then thats the goal. If things keep breaking then its never really finished as its still being worked on. Depends on whose objective it is.

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

£50 to a charity of your choice @GranTurismoEra if he gets this finished in the next five years. And £10 if he doesn’t. 

there are 22 year olds who have been driving for less time that have near 800hp Supras on UK average pay. 

Maybe they skip the pub and cut back on visits to the Shard while not paying rent who knows. Squatters rights allow 3 months apparently

If he doesn't fair play, but if he does....

Ill do you one better. If he buys the car I once called a 'flop' the Honda NSX in year 6 or 7 you should quadruple the money to £200. :lol:

If none of this happens you can always spend the £10 on a pint or pints as well as a PowerPoint presentation on non functional aero, so Payco never ever puts Canards into Nismo bumpers again! 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Dare I ask what tyres he bought? And on what size wheels? Cos I’m thinking that anything shy of 335 width semi-slicks might have been a waste of money when it comes to putting 1000bhp down at all :lol: 

I dont disagree, I dont see the car ever hooking perfectly with that power. Another part to buy but High profile softer semi slicks make sense

18 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Im getting 400Z vibes from this thread.....

"insert kermit GIF here" 

Personally I'd like to see the journey on a vlog. 1000 ponies sounds fun, I know a garage in London that I'd recommend (though you're on YT as much as me so you must know of it already) 

We all wanna accomplish something and if your brother puts the graft in to live the dream then fair enough - I'd be a fan/follower if it gets onto social media. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

How do you know whats a pipe dream and whats possible.

25 years modding cars, 22 years on SXOC (including finishing up as the Chairman), 18 years in the drift scene.
Member of GTROC, various BMW, Nissan, Range Rover and Toyota boards. 

Thats how. In all that time I dont think Ive ever known anyone with a true 1000hp car, even guys like Ron Kiddell, Andy Barnes and Simon Norris*, its incredibly unlikely that a guy who doesnt have a serious car already is going to make it happen in his garage. 600hp sure, 1000hp, no. 

* I know Andy had at least one drag car that much have been over 1000hp but I also know it was imported like that. 

• Like 1

That's interesting and along the way you havent accounted for the people not on social media, on forums or on the Scene. Loads of DMOs that dont make much noise. Sleepers that go about their business. 

Its a huge ambition but you never know. Its a lot of money and work but its not impossible.

Same difference. According to you there was no Z P coming either. Even when I said so in 2019. Its not even about getting it wrong. Its the pessimism. 

Impossible is a barrier built by people with a negative mentality. If its never going to happen you must be involved in some sort of time travel?

ZP still ain’t coming here so I’m okay with that :p 

Look, they guy doesn’t even have a 600bhp car running yet, and from what you’ve said it’s still stock so half that. He’s shooting for a figure that only a tiny fraction of pro level tuners ever reach, so you can understand why people don’t think it’s going to happen. I’ve put my money where my mouth is this time, so can’t say fairer than that. If he does do it then fair enough, but right now this is screaming attention-whoring at its finest. It’s like me saying I’m going to put an 800bhp TT LS3 in my little MX5: totally doable, but equally unlikely. 

• Like 1