Centre console help!

terry350z

Hi 

I need a bit of help 

After taking my centre console apart to get it dipped ,i took apart the flip lid compartment and after putting it back  together it no longer stays open 

The 2 springs dont seem to be doing their job 

Probably because ive put them back in wrong - i know its an odd one and yes i should have noted how it was when i took it apart 

But any help gratefully accepted 

Many thanks 

Terry 

• 2 weeks later...

The spring clips should have been under tension when you dissasembled the cubby and therefor should have been under tension when re assembling. They're tricky little buggers and tend to fly off in opposite directions. If this scenario isn't something you experienced then the chances are they're not in correctly.

It's a simple mechanism so it can't really be anything else. Unfortuantely it's a strip down job to correct.

9 minutes ago, Hayd350 said:

The spring clips should have been under tension when you dissasembled the cubby and therefor should have been under tension when re assembling. They're tricky little buggers and tend to fly off in opposite directions. If this scenario isn't something you experienced then the chances are they're not in correctly.

It's a simple mechanism so it can't really be anything else. Unfortuantely it's a strip down job to correct.

In case you need a bit more info rather than a "Yeah it's wrong" response here's a step by step - https://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/575663-diy-cubby-door-assembly-springs-pictures-included.html

hi 

thank you for the replies to my post 

I have sorted it eventually after trying all ways of fitting (about 3 hours)

all sorted now & centre console ,window switches & air vents dipped carbon fibre and refitted 

I think its improved my 350  and I love the look and I believe I got this done at a good price

20210123_143015.jpg.76ac5f518c8e10ad3b8387696794f6bc.jpg20210123_143010.jpg.ede0804f50d76dd8560503aa8f8e8911.jpg20210123_143043.jpg.41c7788538c0c72434a3d6bda1486b6a.jpg

• Like 2

On 24/01/2021 at 16:19, hotrain69 said:

Agreed! Looks super smart. I like it!

keen to know rough ballpark of cost too.

On 24/01/2021 at 15:01, Jack94 said:

Looking good B) How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? 

Hi 

it cost me £120 for all items in the 3 pictures that are carbon fibre  which I thought was a pretty decent price 

obviously I had to strip down everything so that all he had to do was dip it and it took about 2 weeks turnaround 

I had put this off for quite a while because i thought it would be really expensive 

I had previously wrapped the switch panels and air vent trims myself which looked ok for a chef but they look much better now and I wasn't going to try and wrap the central console myself 

Terry

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terry350z said:

Hi 

it cost me £120 for all items in the 3 pictures that are carbon fibre  which I thought was a pretty decent price 

obviously I had to strip down everything so that all he had to do was dip it and it took about 2 weeks turnaround 

I had put this off for quite a while because i thought it would be really expensive 

I had previously wrapped the switch panels and air vent trims myself which looked ok for a chef but they look much better now and I wasn't going to try and wrap the central console myself 

Terry

Yeah that's a steal... i've seen prices triple that for the same job!