Engine Oil

RichCox350Z

Happy New Year everyone,

Does anyone know what grade/spec of engine oil is preferred on the MY 19' Nismo? I have my major service due this month, and been quoted £550 for parts & labour at Nissan.. But as I work in a Factor, I'm thinking of supplying my own parts (OE quality obvs) but they won't tell the oil grade??

TIA

5w-30 fully synthetic oil as recommended directly from the owners manual (16 plate Nismo)

HOWEVER, I have switched to a slightly thicker oil, 5w-40 millers CFS as I wanted a slightly higher protection when warm. My Nismo just ticked over 35K on the clock. Do not cheap out on the oil, as mentioned above Opie oils are seriously good guys

20210104_190459.jpg.bd09b5147a41686ec1d38c6de01bf96d.jpg

Thanks guys,

I've found Opie to be very contradictive. They list several varying specs of 5w-30 which when you read the specifications say they're suitable for Ford, BMW, Chrysler etc.

I'm sticking with 5w30 from my work, we only sell good quality oils anyway to avoid issues with the garages we supply. Thanks for the advice though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 08:25, RichCox350Z said:

Thanks guys,

I've found Opie to be very contradictive. They list several varying specs of 5w-30 which when you read the specifications say they're suitable for Ford, BMW, Chrysler etc.

I'm sticking with 5w30 from my work, we only sell good quality oils anyway to avoid issues with the garages we supply. Thanks for the advice though.

Just to clarify, the spec required for your car is API SN 5w-30. When you put your reg into our look up guide it looks for all 5w-30 oils that meet API SN as they are suitable. If they meet other manufactures specs as well it does not matter :thumbs:

Cheers,

Guy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 04/01/2021 at 19:08, Olly350z said:

5w-30 fully synthetic oil as recommended directly from the owners manual (16 plate Nismo)

HOWEVER, I have switched to a slightly thicker oil, 5w-40 millers CFS as I wanted a slightly higher protection when warm. My Nismo just ticked over 35K on the clock. Do not cheap out on the oil, as mentioned above Opie oils are seriously good guys

20210104_190459.jpg.bd09b5147a41686ec1d38c6de01bf96d.jpg

Abbey replenished my oil with Millers a few weeks back on its P1 service. Can't be sure of the grade without checking the invoice, but it must be good stuff.

I've used millers for years and never had any issues, on the previous 350z and now the nismo hence my recommendation. I think you'll be just fine personally 

These engines aren't over delicate, just good fuel and regular oil changes and they're practically bomb proof. 

• Like 1

I just had my 18 plate nismo serviced at Nissan and they used quartz 5w30 , I’ve started to hear knock since that service 500 miles ago, anyone ever had experience of quartz 5w30 and are dealers not ment to use ester 5w30

On 03/04/2021 at 17:55, Jimmy94 said:

I just had my 18 plate nismo serviced at Nissan and they used quartz 5w30 , I’ve started to hear knock since that service 500 miles ago, anyone ever had experience of quartz 5w30 and are dealers not ment to use ester 5w30

Most dealers will not know what an ester oil is, they will just have a barrel of correct spec oil to cover many cars. Total is a quality brand and 5w-30 is fine, so the knocking should not be due to the engine oil.

Cheers,

Guy

• 1 year later...

Thought it would be better to revive an old thread than start a new one for the same thing...

These suitable for a quick pre winter oil change ?

68896-5-1.jpg
£59.44

IN STOCK

Service Pack: 5 litres

32099-1.jpg
£9.95

STOCK AVAILABLE: DISPATCHED IN 2/3 WORKING DAYS

2 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

Thought it would be better to revive an old thread than start a new one for the same thing...

These suitable for a quick pre winter oil change ?

68896-5-1.jpg
£59.44

IN STOCK

Service Pack: 5 litres

32099-1.jpg
£9.95

STOCK AVAILABLE: DISPATCHED IN 2/3 WORKING DAYS

I boycotted the dealership and have since went to a garage in my area well known for Japanese servicing, repair and tuning . He recommended Fuchs 5w40 race pro for the z’s.  Don’t know if anyone will back it up over the 5w30 but can see who else replies . As for the the filter I can’t comment , I used a genuine one. 

• Like 1

Yeah was pondering just getting OEM filter, I know the K&N ones are garbage so been a little wary of non Nissan stuff for warranty purposes. 

As for the 5w40 I know its better for high temps, but im going on the route of changes every 5k so change while its still fresh and not end of life sort of thing

Edited by Willsy1980