What you think....?

Buckley

Been a rough Christmas working through it and if things couldn’t get worse I woke up to this after my last night shift :(

To me it looks like wing is slightly bent in, bumper crushed, headlight bottle knackered, and light is cracked

Not my fault, neighbours 40k Porsche slid down the drive and nailed into my Z, it’s booked in to get repaired when they collect it Tuesday, my concern is will they write it off or even make it a Cat N?

15EFFAD8-67CE-46E0-BEF9-C43AC934AA30.jpeg

1 hour ago, Buckley said:

It’s going through neighbours insurance, they’ve said they’ll ring me if it has to be recorded, just gutted it happened but I bet he is too and he’s been really good about it all

Its best that he is being good about it, its his fault 

45 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

I think if your zed is going to be cat n, your neighbour should be paying for the repairs out of his own pocket and not putting it through his insurance, take my hat too you being so calm about it becouse i don't i would be, hope things go okay 

lol then what's the point of paying insurance? It's a shame but insurance is to pay out for the unexpected. 

The damage doesn't look too bad tbh but not sure if it's had any structural damage. 

45 minutes ago, Umster said:

lol then what's the point of paying insurance? It's a shame but insurance is to pay out for the unexpected. 

The damage doesn't look too bad tbh but not sure if it's had any structural damage. 

Lol i am aware of what car insurance is for, i dont think its very good if his zed gets cat n, which will also make the  car more difficult to sale in the future, due to the neighbour, lets hope its not structural :)

SORRY to hear about your bump but its been bad every where with this bloody ice, we cannot even walk on footpaths its that bad ,I even had ice on top of my engine and underneath the bonnet/starting cars was also a problem as it was about -9.GOOD LUCK with the repairs and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL:):cold:

20 hours ago, Ebized said:

That is bad luck, but at least the neighbour is doing the right thing.

Just one observation - have you checked the offside that looks very close the wall/fence, given the way your car was shunted?

good spot Colin.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the belated reply

Its been back and forth with insurance/repairer so I’m starting to get a bit fed up to be honest, they told me a week ago I’d have it back by yesterday but now it’s another week in this crappy courtesy car

Checked the offside and an alloy was curbed hitting the wall but nothing major, they are refurbishing all of my wheels so that’s bonus I suppose, but tyres need to be replaced due to degradation, they won’t foot the Bill for MPSS4s even though I said I’d pay whatever was on top

I was adamant I didn’t want runflats so they are putting four fresh Pirelli P-0 on them so I’m quite happy cos they are paying, no idea what they are like though?

All parts replaced and my partner says it looks good (she drives past the garage everyday on her way to work so I asked her to just nip in and have a gander)

My other thought was will they try and wash/valet it?  I just don’t want them doing any paint damage with the crap weather we have had

Ill get pictures up when I get the old girl home...........

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

Finally got the car back yesterday, it’s had a good job done on it and you cannot tell at all, four alloys refurbished and all fitted with new tyres as well.

There is one problem though, the daytime running lights aren’t working. After they plugged their diagnostic laptop into it to read the fault apparently this has been disabled by the ODB Unit (I have no idea what this is at all) and recommended I take it direct to Nissan to see if they can re-enable it and run a diagnostic check, they would then fix it through the insurance claim.

Does this sound right and make sense Or am I being fobbed off?

Really want them fixing but I don’t want to pay a fortune to Nissan for them to run a check.

let me know your thoughts, thanks!

• Like 1

Glad you have the car back, we got an insurance payout actually last week after a skip lorry hit our ford focus ...in August 2019. Despite several witnesses and video footage of CCTV they fought it all the way before paying out. 

Not wanting to tell you how to suck eggs, but did they check all the obvious things like fuses? OBD is where you plug in the reader/dongle so you can collect 'on board diagnostics' so not sure what your garage means? Unless I am reading the above completely wrong?

Edited by coldel

If the DRL were working before the incident, tell the garage/insurance to take it to Nissan and hand it back when the job is finished.

The lights don't just magically switch themselves off so someone has changed something since you had it, which would be my bigger concern if they don't know how to undo what they must have done...

I would suspect that they fiddled with more than resetting the bump damage, whether intentional or otherwise.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2021 at 09:19, Buckley said:

Hi all.

Finally got the car back yesterday, it’s had a good job done on it and you cannot tell at all, four alloys refurbished and all fitted with new tyres as well.

There is one problem though, the daytime running lights aren’t working. After they plugged their diagnostic laptop into it to read the fault apparently this has been disabled by the ODB Unit (I have no idea what this is at all) and recommended I take it direct to Nissan to see if they can re-enable it and run a diagnostic check, they would then fix it through the insurance claim.

Does this sound right and make sense Or am I being fobbed off?

Really want them fixing but I don’t want to pay a fortune to Nissan for them to run a check.

let me know your thoughts, thanks!

I'd take it to Nissan and get them to check it,then claim the money back via the insurance as long as you have it in writing that they will pay you back.