Not YET a Z Owner

1 hour ago, Lynchyy said:

Im guessing reverse sensors are on add on? and not from OEM? They would surely be body coloured from the plant.

Yes, extra. If you are planning to keep then then I would get them colour matched.

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

The UK vehicle have a higher spec than this import i.e 18' alloys, brembo brakes and steering wheel controls for stereo and cruise

My import has all of those things and more cool jdm stuff that doesn't work over here. Also regarding the UK had auto statement... We didn't it was manual only

18 minutes ago, stevezzz said:

IMHO I'd give it a miss find a UK one that's been looked after  I once fell in to the trap of chasing a car, normally ends in heartbreak

With 'another' 'Lockdown' pending, it seems I wont get it.

But why would I look for a UK version, when I want an Auto Box?

Why does an import mean it hasn't been looked after? Been in the country for 10+ years.

Don't understand the hate for import cars me.

You do realise it was built in the same factory, by the same people?

• Like 2

There will always be a stigma with owning an import, with people thinking its a lesser car given it was potentially a bit cheaper than a UK equivalent. And i've had 2 import zeds so im speaking from experience.

That said, i'd personally look for an alternative as those parking sensors dont look great, and upgrading to brembos is costly and a faff, plus upgrading the wheels etc - with so much potential choice I'd personally wait and find the right car rather than rushing into one out of impatience.  The excitement and anticipation of searching for a new car is arguably the best bit anyway, i find.

The only optional features i can think of that exist on JDM zeds that isn't on UK zeds were:

Auto-dip wing mirrors when in reverse

Knee pads on driver door and centre console (which are horrible)

Puddle lights, possibly (i cant remember).

And actually, although it was removed before i owned my car, mine had factory cameras on the front left and right of the front bumper, which were apparently to help the driver see left/right when edging out of tight Japanese roads!  Come to think of it i've never seen that on another 350z in all my time on the forum...

Another couple of possible downsides to an import are that its likely electronically limited to 112mph (my first one was, second one wasnt), and that the triple gauge cluster on the centre console will read in km/l rather than mpg. But this is an easy part to swap out if you can get hold of a UK set.

Edited by marzman
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Lynchyy said:

Like what?

I have the auto dip and fold mirrors and the auto dj controls which do absolutely nothing in UK but are a nice little extra, keep thinking about selling it to some Americans as they love that stuff. 

A stigma about having a jdm car is ridiculous, so what if they are cheaper? They are generally cheaper and better condition with lower milage and less rust, speaking from experience of having over 25 jdm cars they are normally a far far better buy, they actually respect their cars in Japan and properly care for them. 

Also with everyone saying get a UK car if the op wants a vert auto then his only choice is a jdm one and there are not in ambundance... 

The downsides such as triple gauge and see delimit can be solved cheaply and in about 20 minutes

• Like 2

All, Ended up not getting it.

Failed its MOT which isn't end of the world, but they then said it passed, but it hadn't. Then said instead of delivery the next day, could they deliver it in 1 week !!!

Ended up backing out of the deal and a few things weren't quite adding up.

• Thanks 1

Hi..

I'm just reading the buying my 1st z's story and I'm in the same boat and any advice/help would be appreciated I've been looking for a while and I've seen one in Dudley it's a white nismo 15 reg I enquired to the original seller and he was interested in a of px with my rokko R but I backed away as wasn't sure but it's popped up more expensive but comes with warranty etc....I'm just a but unsure as it's got modifications which I quite like but my concern is has it been driven hard by a boy racer etc I've got no problem in the mods as I also have done some but I drive pipe n slippers(most the time)so please lay your words of wisdom upon me 

1 hour ago, Rob74 said:

Hi..

I'm just reading the buying my 1st z's story and I'm in the same boat and any advice/help would be appreciated I've been looking for a while and I've seen one in Dudley it's a white nismo 15 reg I enquired to the original seller and he was interested in a of px with my rokko R but I backed away as wasn't sure but it's popped up more expensive but comes with warranty etc....I'm just a but unsure as it's got modifications which I quite like but my concern is has it been driven hard by a boy racer etc I've got no problem in the mods as I also have done some but I drive pipe n slippers(most the time)so please lay your words of wisdom upon me 

Hi Rob, might be worth posting up the link for this as somebody on this forum might know the car, a few mods wouldn't put me off, what mods have been done? 

Hi....

Not sure on how to put the listing in the conversation yet(derrr I'm only a welder fabby)Lol,if you've got access to ebay autotrader etc it's on there it's a white nismo being sold in Dudley(sedgley near dudley)think it's being sold by a company called midwest I think don't know too much about them,it's had..

Clutch slave flywheel etc(bonus)

Air intakes 

Exhaust

And some kind of tuning (pops n bangs)was what I remember on the previous seller

It looks genuinely nice but I know that's not always the case I'm not a great mechanic but I kind of know my way round as blooded on ford capris lol,its up for 21,000 which isn't bad price but seen them going 18,500 upwards it's done 40,000 ish try n take a look if you get chance cheers mate