Not YET a Z Owner

Hi everyone. 1st post. So here it goes. 

I’ve loved Nissan Z cars since I was a young boy. 34 years old now and thinking mid life crisis has hit. It’s time to get one. 

I’m looking for a £7k 350z and wanting it yesterday haha.

Not sure if I should go for the drop top or the coupe. That’s still undecided. But what I do really fancy is the auto box. 

Hi and welcome along buddy. I have had 2 350z and a 370z. My wife has a 350z vert. which ever you choose it will be great. I love them. My 1st was a vert and my current is a coupe. £7k gives you a nice budget for what ever you choose. Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

Welcome to the OC:wave:

Definitely highly recommend you treat yourself to a car you can.

I got my zed at around 34 too.

One of my best decisions ever.

Brought many years of joy and still does.

Marzman ran an auto coupe for a few years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind you PMing him questions on the auto box. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome along great cars I am on my second Z now had a DE first and now an HR.  both coupes . Good luck with your search and 7k is a good budget to get a well sorted Z with usual issues resolved :teeth:

• Like 1

Hey,  Thanks all.

Its so so hard to find a 350 in the North East !!! And with the travel restrictions in place, i cant get out to view any. Maybe be a while before i get my hands on 1 yet, but ive got the money waiting for the right 1.

Edited by Lynchyy
Spelling
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Lynchyy said:

Thanks Guys,

I've put a deposit down on an Auto Vert.

If it goes through, I will post some pics.

Its 04 import.

Hi mate it might be worth posting up the link before you buy as the car might be a x forum car :)personally i would try and find a uk zed:thumbs:

• Like 1

Welcome. Buying cars can be impulsive. These cars need looking after so I hope you haven't brought the first car you have seen with your heart and not your head. Just feels like this is a rushed purchase but I could be wrong. Either way I hope you have found a well cared for example and you enjoy the ride. This forum will be priceless to your ownership.

3 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate it might be worth posting up the link before you buy as the car might be a x forum car :)personally i would try and find a uk zed:thumbs:

Hi Mate,

I really wanted an auto (and i think they are only imported???)

23 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Well done pal, was this the first Z you saw? 

To be honest mate, ive been looking since early December, but not found the right 1. Only recently joined up on here to get further information and some help, which has been great already !

6 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate, uk zeds also have auto 

I didnt know this ! @marzman said autos only in imports. But anyway. I dont mind an Import. Had a few other imports in my time. They are basically the same car, and Jap regulations are pretty good for building vehicles and understanding the components going into each and every 1. (I work for Nissan)

Edited by Lynchyy

13 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

I’m pretty sure autos weren’t an option in the uk. Also they look like 17” wheels, the ad says 18s, might give you some haggle room

Yeah ive noticed that. Gave me a little wiggle room.

9 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

The UK vehicle have a higher spec than this import i.e 18' alloys, brembo brakes and steering wheel controls for stereo and cruise

Yeah this was the toss up between Brembo Brakes and and Auto Box. But i really wanted the auto. Can upgrade the brakes easier than installing a new Box.

Edited by Lynchyy