Underbody Protection -info/guidance needed.

ricochet

Had the use of Hydraulic ramps in the late summer so crawled under to see state of play. ( a little worried by posts on here).

Didn't look to bad at first so i decided to treat some obvious areas . However without a plan i went at it a bit hit and miss.

The front X member looked shabby so i rubbed it down as best i could approaching it from all angles and letting son volunteer to do some.

Cleaned as much up as possible and then treated with Rustins Rust Converter  (hastily bought from local Toolstation).  Then painted with black Hammerite which was to hand. Of course all this took at least twice as long as i thought it might ( doesn't it always). When dry i sprayed 

Dinitrol 1000 cavity wax via extension tube inside the member and all over the exterior.

Lots more fiddling/fettling done to varying standards  but i did notice many holes/apertures disappearing up into who knows where  . Should i be thinking of spraying something oily/waxy into all these ?   Or might that be a problem, there was a tube inside one of the holes.?

Certainly More to do in the spring. 

Cheers, JC.