Fuel cap stuck

Allannorman

As per title really. About 4 weeks ago I brimmed the car, today needed to refuel and the cap wont open! 

Had the car about a year and I've not had any electrical issues with it. 

I have searched the forum, and it seems to be a common problem, however most people still get the click, when I press the cap release there's absolubtly nothing happening, no click, nothing. 

Any suggestions before I start pulling everything apart? My thinking is the actuator but really can't confirm that without pulling everything apart. 

37 minutes ago, Allannorman said:

As per title really. About 4 weeks ago I brimmed the car, today needed to refuel and the cap wont open! 

Had the car about a year and I've not had any electrical issues with it. 

I have searched the forum, and it seems to be a common problem, however most people still get the click, when I press the cap release there's absolubtly nothing happening, no click, nothing. 

Any suggestions before I start pulling everything apart? My thinking is the actuator but really can't confirm that without pulling everything apart. 

Try some wd on the actuator, or keep your finger on the release button 

Cheers for all the input but sorted it, pulled the boot apart, tested the actuater with a power probe, was all good with power direct to it, so checked fuses, all good as well, lastly checked the button, turns out it had come loose and unplugged at some point

Stupid problem but at least it's fixed haha 

• Like 1