New Old owner

Chops

Hello to all, I'm glad to be on the forum and hope to get some great info from all onboard.

Now I know it's been dragged around but my first question is my 2015 370z with Bose navigation has to swapped with something better, anyone with any information greatly appreciated.

IMG_20201221_173002_6.jpg

IMG_20201221_172938_9.jpg

Thanks for your welcome, hopefully someone will have some great info on the screen, im taking the car into the dealer who I bought it from as when they replaced the headlight washer they triggered the warning light, hopefully they'll fix it, other than that, great car.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm hoping so, the gps in the car is hopeless, its a 2015 car with probably 2010 maps so it's either buy a gps or replace the head unit and use android Auto from my phone, cheers

49 minutes ago, Chops said:

Thanks for the welcome, I'm hoping so, the gps in the car is hopeless, its a 2015 car with probably 2010 maps so it's either buy a gps or replace the head unit and use android Auto from my phone, cheers

Traditionally car gps maps are always years behind. It's a license to print money. There are a few private companies that sell ahem 'backup' copies for a fraction of the price. I had some in the past they work well and saved me in 1 case £100 against official VW map for my T5. 

If it's a gps location issue in your car there might be connection issues between your aerial and the head unit? Might be worth checking earth connection for a start? 

I had an infinity g37s.which is basically a 4 seater version of the 370z and I guess the same satnav system. Mine was great one of the better out there I have to admit.

Thanks for your reply, it's not the sat nav not working properly it's the maps being out of date, Nissan Australia want ridiculous prices for a cd as you said a license to print money, I'm either going to buy a gps that I can move between cars or upgrading the bose system to one that let's me put maps from my phone onto the screen, it's a bugger trying to get the correct information and parts for this car, cheers

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chops said:

Thanks for your reply, it's not the sat nav not working properly it's the maps being out of date, Nissan Australia want ridiculous prices for a cd as you said a license to print money, I'm either going to buy a gps that I can move between cars or upgrading the bose system to one that let's me put maps from my phone onto the screen, it's a bugger trying to get the correct information and parts for this car, cheers

This sort of thing?