Zara - 370z Nismo, Her story.

Willsy1980

1 minute ago, ShortPaul said:

Very nice i have the same mirror cover and the seal scuff plates, like that steering wheel😁

Yeah just wish the red was a little closer to the seat colour, but I think it works ok. 

Next on the ever expanding list has got to be the Nismo mats....

16 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

Yeah just wish the red was a little closer to the seat colour, but I think it works ok. 

Next on the ever expanding list has got to be the Nismo mats....

Clean the seats or rub your hands on some grease before you next drive and the reds will match perfectly :lol:

On 12/12/2021 at 17:07, Willsy1980 said:

Exactly a year since buying the Nismo, time has flown by.

Treated her to a little wash today after the new shoes the other day. 

Wife thinks im a lunatic now though, going round with nail clippers are cutting off the moulding nipples from the sidewalls :lol:

Love the look with the wider MP4S, more rim protection and fuller look.

Here's to the next 12 months and £1000's in extras :teeth:

20211212_134148.jpg

20211212_134114.jpg

20211212_134123.jpg

20211212_134135.jpg

She's looking good there Willsy. Coming up to a year of ownership myself next month.

So, the new boots - am I reading the rear tyre wall correctly, 305s??!! What size is on the front, the standard 245s?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

She's looking good there Willsy. Coming up to a year of ownership myself next month.

So, the new boots - am I reading the rear tyre wall correctly, 305s??!! What size is on the front, the standard 245s?

Thanks :) Yeah 305 rears and 265 on the front, but do not go 305 rears if you have anything more than a 10mm spacer, they will rub on the arch trims under compression, even if not lowered :/ So now I need to get the spacers off the rear and have them machined down to 10mm :bang:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

Thanks :) Yeah 305 rears and 265 on the front, but do not go 305 rears if you have anything more than a 10mm spacer, they will rub on the arch trims under compression, even if not lowered 😕 So now I need to get the spacers off the rear and have them machined down to 10mm :bang:

No, I wasn't thinking of upping from standard 285s, just checking my eyesight!

My factory size 245 Potenzas on the front look "stretched" as the tyrewall falls inwards from the rim quite noticably, as if they actually need to be wider. Your wider PS4s look perfect on the front with the vertical wall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

No, I wasn't thinking of upping from standard 285s, just checking my eyesight!

My factory size 245 Potenzas on the front look "stretched" as the tyrewall falls inwards from the rim quite noticably, as if they actually need to be wider. Your wider PS4s look perfect on the front with the vertical wall.

They definitely offer better rim protection too. I found with the Bridgestones they looked too narrow too, as if they should have been 265 as standard but they couldn't find any :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/02/2022 at 10:12, Willsy1980 said:

Few snaps of Zara at the Wheels Up North meet last weekend.

How are you supporting the bonnet in those first few pics? Can't quite make out what you're using.

Edited by Loadmaster

3 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

How are you supporting the bonnet in those first few pics? Can't quite make out what you're using.

The bonnet stay, I just painted it red to match the engine cover etc. There is a handy hole next to the latch that it fits into :) 

Edited by Willsy1980
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Lovely pics, looks sweet - what's next? 

Well the list is long, but thinking Nismo mats, carbon roof cap, hose kit, Nismo mirror glass, been looking at some splash guards on Torqen, but not sure if they fit the Nismo ? And I want some 3/4 glass louvres but want them in carbon but struggling to find them, Torqen are on the case though :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...