Steering wheel not straight after change.

bluethermal

Morning All, so after changing my steering wheel for a Royal it's down to the right by about 1/2"or more.  I lined up the notches on re fitting so what's happened?  Do I take it off again and move it back central or get the front aligned?  Very annoying.   Thanks for any pointers guys.

Exchange.  Took it off again and moved it back one spline but now Slip light and ESP off light are on. WTF?  Update, took it off again and turned back so that notches line up as before, lights no longer on but brakes apply themselves if I drive over 5 mph, what to do?

Edited by bluethermal

I Own a de 350 and I bought a flat bottomed steering wheel from a guy in Ireland. Bought a cheap part ex off ebay then a HR 350 steering wheel and swapped all buttons over . All 350z steering wheels are the same a part from hr buttons. Sounds like you've not put it back together correctly hope this helps 

1 hour ago, Jack94 said:

Never heard of these kind of problems when just changing a steering wheel, unless yeah your clockspring is knackered :wacko: Any thoughts @ZMANALEX

The first thing to do is reset the SAS.

You should not have to do this however if you moved the clockspring then this will be your issue

Out 1 spline  will throw the SAS out by 10 degrees and give you all the issues that you mention.

If you have rotated the clockspring excessively then you may have damaged it.

Try the SAS reset first.

• Like 1

All sorted, took a run up to Scott at Abbey on Thursday, SAS was 360 degrees out! still baffled as to how I managed that.  Along with a four wheel align they sorted a broken eccentric washer on the nearside rear toe arm and pumped up the tyres all while I waited.  Sterling work guys.

• Like 1