UpRev & wideband support?

RobPhoboS

Granted I'm some way off from even starting my car up yet (the engine is in pieces in my living room)... 

However i was advised to run an O2 wideband sensor like an AEM 30-4110, well my machinists was recommended something, and I vaguely remember Jez saying something about my OEM one isn't accurate when he was mapping it last time.

My car is an 04 DE, I'll double check with the vin/ecu number to see if it's wideband or narrow. 

Lastly, my PPE long tubes have two bungs per side, and when I was running the car before I was just using their extension cables that relocated the stock manifold sensors further upstream. 

I presume that my O2 sensors that are normally in the other bung are effectively turned OFF in the map?

(so I could cap the driver side, and chuck an AEM/etc into the passenger one) 

Although as you'll see they don't interfere with the exhaust gasses due to the design. So perhaps it's easier to just put a new bung on the y-pipe where it merges?

I've included a photo so you can see what I meant. 

Yes, at some point, I need to fire up another thread on my n/a build, had been waiting many months for my heads etc. 

Cheers for any help on this! 

20190627_082458.jpg.5d9a517f4b21a5510f7f0dd0cb507ed5.jpg

All UK cars have wideband in the headers, tunable through UpRev, as mine has been at Abbey. (Also 04 DE)

The secondary sensors further downstream are narrowband purely for catalyst efficiency detection and can be disabled in UpRev, again as I have had done.

• Like 1