New Toyot Mirai explosive stuff.

stanski

It looks better than the first, but still a full set of fangs on it. :teeth:

But £50k is still expensive for most people. Glad to see they are finally learning you don't need to start making weird looking futuristic blobs for new tech cars?

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-9000645/Toyota-steps-gas-new-hydrogen-fuel-cell-Mirai-cuts-price.html

I’ll be honest I’ve not heard of one until now, just googled the original one and can see why it didn’t sell in big numbers, pretty hideous looking thing. But that new one looks very smart indeed. It actually looks like a £50k car now at least, how they expected to sell the old one looking like it did at £66k I’ll never know. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shunter8 said:

I’ll be honest I’ve not heard of one until now, just googled the original one and can see why it didn’t sell in big numbers, pretty hideous looking thing. But that new one looks very smart indeed. It actually looks like a £50k car now at least, how they expected to sell the old one looking like it did at £66k I’ll never know. 

Exactly. I can imagine that initial design meeting, 'oh we want to showcase this new tech so we must have a futuristic looking car' (from the 1970s TV series UFO maybe! -google it kids). 

This one is more Lexus/Audi stylie quite smart and probably more useful to someone like me doing longer cross country trips (post pandemic of course)  still not on that money. Plus where do you get your hydrogen from? You can only eat so many curries and stick that tube up your bottom before the fuel runs out? :lol:

• Haha 1

Seen a couple of the old ones (although they are not that old!) on the road - easily mistaken for a Prius to the casual 

New one looks q different in a nice way. That colour and wheels though B)

Could have done with sleeker mirrors or even cameras to really set it off from the side 

Edited by hmale4yu
  • Like 1