My first Zed

Evening all,

recently traded my modified Honda Civic FN2 Type R for a 53 plate GT (pictures to follow, I know we all love pic heavy threads!)

previous toys include but not limited to a caymanS, EP3, turbo2000 Impreza, M135i, 8L S3, Clio 172. 

so here’s the 350!

GT model so heated tan leathers, Bose, cruise control etc.

108k,

almost full service history,

New front bottom arms,

front drop links

rear subframe at nissan back in 2015 with W brace,

whiteline diff bushes,

HSD coilovers,

20mm spacers all round,

Nismo front splitter, rear spats, rear diffuser and rear spoiler, eyebrows.

Tony banks longlife stainless cat back. 

Any thoughts on next mods or bits to tidy it up are welcomed, my plans are:

private plate,

headlight restore,

steering wheel needs renewing or re-trimming,

weighted gearknob, 

bose amp relay replacement,

Possible head unit upgrade,

full service including diff and box oils,

brakes all round - done,

tyres all round - rear done, fronts to do...

clear reverse and rear fog lenses instead of frosted?

inlet plenum clean up and wrinkle paint (unsure on colour) 

facelift rear LED lights.

possible wheel upgrade.

CBFE462A-61D0-4A85-BB9A-DEB891FA2F34.jpeg

4284C803-4FD0-4C4C-B957-78C2941B077F.jpeg

DE917366-A14E-49E0-B57F-B7F81D37217B.jpeg

42AFA42C-C465-4154-AF94-14600919FB05.jpeg

46A85B43-FF08-4174-9C78-12E80CF3B2CC.jpeg

EBE42FDA-62C2-4BC9-B8A6-9787D2CB57E8.jpeg

CAF89AB3-1D56-49A4-A8BA-51D13261C207.jpeg

53367674-7CFC-4397-86C0-F4AC3A93B60A.jpeg

418CD358-A7BD-4F58-85B5-E7A09E5C9D8B.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Ello n welkom

Safe to say he's a petrolhead, stick around

Thanks, yes been a petrol head as long as I can remember, this forum seems very active in comparison to some of the other marques I’ve been a part of recently!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. FN2 is still on my list of cars to own, it was a toss up between one of those and the 350 I have now when I sold my R53 Mini, but clearly the 350 won. 

Be interesting to find out what you think between the FN2 and 350 once you’re settled in with it, although I know they’re not exactly comparable models of course. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jarvis483 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Seems like this is a very active forum!

I'm sure you'll find us to be a great bunch ... some of us sold our Zeds and moved on to other cars, but we've mostly stayed in touch, so that tells you something about this place. There's a wealth of knowledge too about Zeds so ask away if you need anything. :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shunter8 said:

Welcome aboard. FN2 is still on my list of cars to own, it was a toss up between one of those and the 350 I have now when I sold my R53 Mini, but clearly the 350 won. 

Be interesting to find out what you think between the FN2 and 350 once you’re settled in with it, although I know they’re not exactly comparable models of course. 

I really enjoyed the FN2 and it’s daily driveability. Bought it completely standard last December, modified it all through this year but there was always something missing. Never felt special enough. Although very capable B road motor when modded and had me smiling all the time keeping up with newer m235i’s etc etc not an issue. 

I came from the cayman S to the civic though and longed for that fast 6 cylinder coupe life again. Sadly the porsche died of borescore with average rebuild cost around the 11-12k mark i was not in a position to repair it unfortunately... 

the Porsche is hands down the best blast I have driven and owned so far, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Z won’t be far off from what I’ve experienced so far!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I'm sure you'll find us to be a great bunch ... some of us sold our Zeds and moved on to other cars, but we've mostly stayed in touch, so that tells you something about this place. There's a wealth of knowledge too about Zeds so ask away if you need anything. :)

Thanks, funnily enough in my close group of “car friends” at least 3 of them met through this forum and owning zeds I believe and at least 4 of the group have owned them at any one time. 5 now including myself so they must do something right?

30 minutes ago, Jarvis483 said:

Thanks, funnily enough in my close group of “car friends” at least 3 of them met through this forum and owning zeds I believe and at least 4 of the group have owned them at any one time. 5 now including myself so they must do something right?

:welcome: along mate, good to be one of the Famous Five. Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh sometime soon. Even after all these years, a nice clean Zed looks really special.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jarvis483 said:

I really enjoyed the FN2 and it’s daily driveability. Bought it completely standard last December, modified it all through this year but there was always something missing. Never felt special enough.

See that’s the thing, I love them, and the idea of having one, but I trawled through loads for sale at the time and had the same feeling, none of them screamed at me “that’s the car!” 

Then ironically I went onto FB marketplace to look for other cars and came across my 350 and it did exactly that, leapt out at me and screamed “that’s the car!” and as they say the rest is history.

The bigger irony was, I’d signed up to here about 8 months before that when I was first trying to sell the Mini in the hope someone may have miraculously fancied a swap but to no avail. So yea subconsciously came back around to a 350 without intentionally thinking about it. 

• Like 2