Drivers Door - Locked / Jammed

skyrapier

Unsure if anyone can help me, but my drivers side door is completely jammed/locked and does not open from the outside nor from the inside. So I've been climbing through the passenger door like a loon. 

I tried unlocking with the physical key but no luck. As a note, when turning the key to the left, you can feel little resistance, but I didn't want to force it or damage anything. The door handles themselves operate normally, the exterior button on the handle seems to lock/unlock all the other doors except this one. 

Made a booking with Nissan for the 23rd. However, its worrying because prior to this issue, sometimes the passenger door would fail to open too, but this is only from the outside. (There were times I have to open the passenger door from inside so my wife can get in). So I mentioned this to Nissan and they said they'll check both of the doors. 

It would be a terrible situation if I can't gain access into the car at all. Or even worse, being stuck inside the car and having to climb out the window lol. Unfortunately Nissan do not have an earlier booking date. 

Wondering if there's a solution to this before I pay £50 for a diagnoses check. 

Anyone had the same issues or know a solution? Would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks guys! 

Brings back memories of going through the passenger door in mine

Common problem in winter. With mine the mechanism had seized. Had the door card removed, mechanism lubricated, never had the issue after that

Opening the door needed the door hanger trick

• Like 1