Car addict

HI, my name is prodrive11, im an addict.

Over last ten years I've bought few cars, and i still keep them all living in London.... family pointed out I may have an issue.

i never spend crazy monies on cars, just the stuff i admired when i was a kid, in the days when i've seen those 'metal-death-traps' in magazines ...

So here you go, I've got a CRX ee8 6yrs ago as a remedy to the one i've sold 15 years ago when i had to eat some real food at uni...

then i bought some daily (e90 MSport pack.. 215bhp.... so good ...), then i thought it would be cool to get into drifting - bought cheap cat D 1JZ soarer - which've been never finished but i sitll own it... maybe one day...

A year later another great deal on one high end Nissan, then another on some daily merc (keeping bimmer ... maybe for drifting... ;)

BUT flash forward, ... here we're are, after boozy ebay night few weeks ago, im  a happy owner of 350z gt! in orange with brembo brakes! 
Justification: a remedy for ambitious but failing 1JZ project...

A bit rusty under-body, but sorting this out this week as i speak (pictures to follow).

Got santa-pod booked for last week, but we know what happened - another f**king lockdown...

That's pretty much it in nut-shell...

Big hopes for this forum, very positive from what i've read so far (competing with uber friendly crx-forum), and looking forward to meet some of you guys at trackdays.

PS. First question, as im getting rid of some rust atm (W-brace replacement, and front corss-member etc...) any hints how to make sure i can go with this car on the track?
Oil pressure looks  OK at first glance 4-5[Bat] at idle, goes up to ~8 at rev.

z.jpeg

Edited by prodrive11
  • Like 1

An E90 Msport is not a car. It’s a 325i. /pedant :lol: 

Welcome along, enjoy your Zed :thumbs: as for track work, a simple set of better brake pads, some lighter wheels (Rays are perfect) and decent tyres are all you need to get going and make the most of your car. Really doesn’t need anything else at all, unless you want to get into silly money. 

Another sunset owner:yahoo:

Welcome aboard:wave:.

Nice collection of cars you have.

I remember lusting after every single variant of the CRX with the ee8 in white being my favourite.

Maybe because I'm nearly 50 and view things with rose tinted glasses, but the ee8 STILL looks the business.

Pics of yours definitely need posting.

Welcome aboard buddy.

My advice with regards to tracking the zed would echo what others said above, but look into some braided brake lines if you can.

As 10-15 mins of hard driving/heavy braking on track on OEM lines is about all you can expect.

Not the most expensive mod either which is a bonus :thumbs:

Appreciate warm welcome and hints :thumbs:

Have some federal and ad08rs waiting in the rain, other stuff from pic found it right place on the Z since last post :).

There was some damage though, brand new dormer extractor no5 - it's always a traumatic experience with those.. hehe. 

What really worries me at the track is the engine i don't know, like those unmaintained RBs like to say good-bye on high G corners...

Are those VQs (DE) fairly safe ? 

156223475_zrefresh.jpeg.c6a21cb099cc845aef4cdd81b5ff67bb.jpeg

On 13/11/2020 at 14:47, HEADPHONES said:

Another sunset owner:yahoo:

Welcome aboard:wave:.

Nice collection of cars you have.

I remember lusting after every single variant of the CRX with the ee8 in white being my favourite.

Maybe because I'm nearly 50 and view things with rose tinted glasses, but the ee8 STILL looks the business.

Pics of yours definitely need posting.

This one is a keeper for me, here you go sir :D

Took it for a spin to the City one Sunday, and just recently noticed in this pic, there's a Senna promoting some watch ! As a reminder, he took ee8 - think mugen for a spin few times :D

Some pics from proper body work, if i have to Z will get similar treatment, but for now it's not to bad :D
crx-small.JPG.c585ab2b93bd39e152371c277b170e75.JPG

crx.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/11/2020 at 09:20, Ekona said:

An E90 Msport is not a car. It’s a 325i. /pedant :lol: 

Welcome along, enjoy your Zed :thumbs: as for track work, a simple set of better brake pads, some lighter wheels (Rays are perfect) and decent tyres are all you need to get going and make the most of your car. Really doesn’t need anything else at all, unless you want to get into silly money. 

haha, you got me! in my defence just wanted to hint on more aggressive styling, as not really proud of this N52 ... ;)

And yeah, my plan this time is spend minimum cash to have reliable banger, keep it running healthy and that's it - lesson learned from 1JZ....

Was wondering to get enkei's at some point but if you say Rays would do the trick - may go for a hunt for some good cheap ones. 

Dude I run an MX5, I’m in no position to judge a 325! :lol: 

Well done on grabbing all that bracing btw, very few people ever do but it makes a HUGE difference to the car. I had it on my old revup ragtop and it transformed the chassis, especially the rear braces. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Dude I run an MX5, I’m in no position to judge a 325! :lol: 

Well done on grabbing all that bracing btw, very few people ever do but it makes a HUGE difference to the car. I had it on my old revup ragtop and it transformed the chassis, especially the rear braces. 

hehe, i need to try one of those one day, legend to drive :thumbs:

thanks mate, great to hear this actually do something good to traction, as i was pretty much just sorting  out rust for MOT as cheaper OEM replacement.