VQ35HR Engine

dean_asla

I recently bought a 2007 350z Nismo over here in Japan, it started to have issues between 1500-3000revs when cold where it would shudder, then after 3-5 minutes would be fine.

Car is under warranty but they don't seem to know/want to fix it, research points to VTC issue. Anyway they have told me they will replace the engine, I have lots of concerns about this, unknown mileage etc but is the Nismo HR engine exactly the same as a non-Nismo 350? I want to ensure they put exactly the same engine inside if they do replace it.

Also would the 370z engine drop straight in, or even a 380RS engine?

On 09/11/2020 at 23:03, Olly350z said:

Im still putting money on gallery gaskets being your issue. The shuddering is a well known result of low oil pressure not reaching the top of the engine. 

Could be, garage won't even tell me what the actual issue is.

They have found a 90k engine which they are going to fit and give me a 3 month warranty on, This is the only option I have, it seems there is very little rights for someone who buys a 2nd hand car in Japan and I have no choice but to take this option.

Would have preferred them just to give me the money back, that also wasn't an option for them.