Nismo wheels

ShortPaul

Those are works of artB)

I'd have those in the lounge for a while......2 either side with a cushion between.

I'd sit there resting my arms on em whilst watching TV caressing the Nismo'ness :lol:

On a serious note, any thoughts on what you wanna coat them with while they're all fresh and "naked" before fitting them to your zed?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

Those are works of artB)

I'd have those in the lounge for a while......2 either side with a cushion between.

I'd sit there resting my arms on em whilst watching TV caressing the Nismo'ness :lol:

On a serious note, any thoughts on what you wanna coat them with while they're all fresh and "naked" before fitting them to your zed?

At the moment, not a clue what to put on them, i have been quoted 25 quid per wheel for ceramic coating 

Edited by ShortPaul

Did you tell the detailer they are box fresh rims?

I'd imagine the only prep they'd need is an IPA wipe down as there's no dirt, tar, fallout etc.

Then wiping the ceramic coating on with a pad, gently wiping/buffing with a MF after, giving 24 hours to cure.

Maybe have a go doing the barrels/backs first yourself and if it comes out nice then do the faces.

You're looking at £5 worth of product per wheel for the amateur stuff; Multiple layers of of a decent pro coating. Plus time, plus heat curing, plus disposables (applicators, cloths, etc). £25 per wheel isn't horrendous... depending on what they propose to use and how good they actually, of course.

If you're doing them yourself, C5 is difficult to beat really.

If you're paying someone else to do it, make sure you know what they're using and how good they are before you hand over your hard earned.

49 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

You're looking at £5 worth of product per wheel for the amateur stuff; Multiple layers of of a decent pro coating. Plus time, plus heat curing, plus disposables (applicators, cloths, etc). £25 per wheel isn't horrendous... depending on what they propose to use and how good they actually, of course.

If you're doing them yourself, C5 is difficult to beat really.

If you're paying someone else to do it, make sure you know what they're using and how good they are before you hand over your hard earned.

Thanks for this advice i will find out what they propose to use, then i will post up it up on here for your opinion as i am pretty alien to all this

9 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Did you tell the detailer they are box fresh rims?

I'd imagine the only prep they'd need is an IPA wipe down as there's no dirt, tar, fallout etc.

Then wiping the ceramic coating on with a pad, gently wiping/buffing with a MF after, giving 24 hours to cure.

Maybe have a go doing the barrels/backs first yourself and if it comes out nice then do the faces.

Yeah my buddy was a where the rims are fresh he just cleaned up the area that he was working on, he painted the decals as a favour:teeth:going into another lock down will probably delay the new tyres;)

Edited by ShortPaul

13 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

It is easy to use but not as durable as C5, which isn’t as intimidating as it may seem. This isn’t bad as an alternative but a couple of compromises between the two.

18 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

Working never happens in Amsterdam :lol:

Novelty wore off a long time ago. I spend a week a month there but haven't since March. Had to go this week to sort an issue. Got to stay at home for two weeks when I get back. Life is a pain for everyone right now.:angry:

13 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

They do look really nice B)

What you doing with the old ones? I would be tempted to stick some winter tyres on them and keep these for the nice weather

Cheers buddy, i will probably part with the original wheels, the zed only goes out in nice weather :lol:

• Haha 1