Cobra seats fitting!

Azurez33

Can someone please give me some guidance on how’s best to fit these.

Ive emailed cobra directly to ask them what I need to purchase to get them to fit in the Zed,  The chap Patrick said they don’t do any kits specifically to the Z and said these runners would fit straight to the seat but might need adjustment to get in, has anyone got any ideas or know of any frames that will mount these and go straight into the Z 

183A6CDE-63D5-4E54-BE98-4C50BE5D7D6F.jpeg

57070B6F-94B9-4DBE-9057-06801A00563B.png

DDF83793-B059-41B2-9B6D-9EE170B806EE.jpeg

I have these Cobra Misano seats in my Z. Yes those seat runners will work but you will still need a subframe from OMP etc to get them to fit the original bolt location points. Also most aftermarket seats tend to sit too high on the drivers side due to the floor pan layout. I bolted mine straight to the floor in my normal position without the runners!

7A511C6D-EC24-436E-8807-3D14A282BBB4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, andy james said:

I have these Cobra Misano seats in my Z. Yes those seat runners will work but you will still need a subframe from OMP etc to get them to fit the original bolt location points. Also most aftermarket seats tend to sit too high on the drivers side due to the floor pan layout. I bolted mine straight to the floor in my normal position without the runners!

7A511C6D-EC24-436E-8807-3D14A282BBB4.jpeg

You sir are my hero haha! okay yes I’m familiar with the omp frames, ahh okay so even if I copped out for the extra low profile runners do you reckon they’ll still be too high? Those look like some nice seats too B)

• 1 year later...

@Azurez33

just quick bump on this. did you ever come to a conclusion and get sorted here? Ive been offered a very cheap set of accord type r recaros, would need re-trim etc etc but not going to do it if the seat position is too high. 

I don't mind the bolted to floor option as the car is a fun weekend thing. 

On 28/10/2020 at 21:02, andy james said:

No modification, runners fit fine but drivers side too high if you are a tall chap.

so did your cobra floor mounted seat bolt just to the 

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/omp-hc-865d-r-h-seat-mount-subframe-fits-nissan-350z-03-right-side.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwreT8BRDTARIsAJLI0KIc89FhnM9iUS4GFdrJ9WnGehPMfYA1Glsqwo2Pn1ldVTZduDy7mFMaAh-6EALw_wcB

floor mount kit? I assume you'd to drill new locating holes to get your seating position right etc??

Thanks guys

1 hour ago, andy james said:

Yes. I just mounted the subframe in the original mounting position and dry fitted the seat. 
I then marked  the position and then drilled/fixed the seat.

Cool cool thanks for the reply. Will look at this then, I’m assuming seat sits lower than oem ?

On 18/11/2021 at 16:25, da.murf said:

@Azurez33

just quick bump on this. did you ever come to a conclusion and get sorted here? Ive been offered a very cheap set of accord type r recaros, would need re-trim etc etc but not going to do it if the seat position is too high. 

I don't mind the bolted to floor option as the car is a fun weekend thing. 

so did your cobra floor mounted seat bolt just to the 

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/omp-hc-865d-r-h-seat-mount-subframe-fits-nissan-350z-03-right-side.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwreT8BRDTARIsAJLI0KIc89FhnM9iUS4GFdrJ9WnGehPMfYA1Glsqwo2Pn1ldVTZduDy7mFMaAh-6EALw_wcB

floor mount kit? I assume you'd to drill new locating holes to get your seating position right etc??

Thanks guys

Funnily enough I have some atr seats for sale too atm! I sent the rails back in the end mate as they just didn’t fit and for £123 per frame I wanted them to fit properly! 

I will say the recaros would most likely be too tall with rails but if you were to just bolt into a frame they should be fine! 

yeah they just bolt into the normal holes 

On 18/11/2021 at 20:20, andy james said:

Yes it does but not as much as I would like.

meant to ask how do you find the seat itself? is it a very narrow seat ? 

I'm 5'11 with a 36-38" waist, & I'm concerned about fitting lol 

1 hour ago, da.murf said:

meant to ask how do you find the seat itself? is it a very narrow seat ? 

I'm 5'11 with a 36-38" waist, & I'm concerned about fitting lol 

I’m 6’1” 34 waist at the side bolsters were very tight when new but have slackened off considerably.

I bought these fantastic hand made seats to save weight, hold me securely on track and they look incredible.

If they were in my daily then I’d leave the standard chairs in the car.