Evo r

ShortPaul

2 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

How often do you use the manual key? I am going to guess never :lol:

Ok i haven't used the manual key on the nismo but believe i did with the 350z but i only had the one key and when the battery died in the fob i had to unlock manually :dry:

On 24/10/2020 at 13:47, ShortPaul said:

Hi just bought evo r handle covers really like them but i haven't put them on as there is no hole for manual key lock, does anyone have a solution as i really don't want to send them back:blush:

Where did you get the covers from mate? I'm looking to buy some, but all the ones I've seen have the manual keyhole present. 

30 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate i bought them from torqen :dry: where can i get them from with the hole for the manual key 

I said all the ones I had seen had the keyhole cut out, now that I've looked again that cant be true, I had these stuck in my mind, I saw them on this site, but its a U.S site, and looks very armature, so not sure I'd like to risk my hard earned cash, and even if they were legit, you'll probably get spanked with import tax. 

http://www.evo-r.net/product/370Z/index.html 

I understand your concern about not being able to use your key, but the Torqen's do look far nicer without the manual key hole. Plus, on the off chance you do need to use your manual key, surely they don't stick on to the point you couldn't carefully remove the drivers side cover to get in the car, then re-apply with some double sided 3m tape? it would only be once in a blue moon

If you can get over that issue, I'd stick with your Torqens, thats where I'll be going :thumbs:

z34exd008.jpg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mpturner1979 said:

I said all the ones I had seen had the keyhole cut out, now that I've looked again that cant be true, I had these stuck in my mind, I saw them on this site, but its a U.S site, and looks very armature, so not sure I'd like to risk my hard earned cash, and even if they were legit, you'll probably get spanked with import tax. 

http://www.evo-r.net/product/370Z/index.html 

I understand your concern about not being able to use your key, but the Torqen's do look far nicer without the manual key hole. Plus, on the off chance you do need to use your manual key, surely they don't stick on to the point you couldn't carefully remove the drivers side cover to get in the car, then re-apply with some double sided 3m tape? it would only be once in a blue moon

If you can get over that issue, I'd stick with your Torqens, thats where I'll be going :thumbs:

z34exd008.jpg

That was the only image i found

Throwing my tuppence in here. Heard mixed reports about Evo R products so not totally surprised there Is a design issue. Avoided them for this reason. I am sure Paul will sort one way or another.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Yeah they fit well, just wondering if i had to use the manual key which on the odd occasion i did with the 350z how hard will it be to remove the cover without any damage, i dont get it why they cover access to the manual lock

Just drill a hole in the right place, job done. You should be able to get a good finish if the drill bit/hole saw is decent and sharp. Even it it looks a bit off just get a rubber grommet and no one will know the difference. Or even better get a plug that will fit in the hope you just drilled them just pull it out if you ever need the key. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Payco said:

Throwing my tuppence in here. Heard mixed reports about Evo R products so not totally surprised there Is a design issue. Avoided them for this reason. I am sure Paul will sort one way or another.

Hi Martin, I'd love to see the said reports, we sold thousands of their products and have hundreds in stock as we speak, I'm yet to hear about "design issues". Can you point me to some of these reviews please?

As for the key hole, most likely you will never need to use it in the ownership of the car, unless you leave the car for 6 months dumped somewhere and the battery runs flat, in which case you can slowly remove the cover and once the door is open, you can re-stick it with the 3M tape.

Ady, sorry buddy I was not trying to harm your ability to sell their products. I don't have time to research I just remember from my days on the my350z US forums that there were some indifferent views of some of the products. That was a few years ago now so may no longer be the case anyway. Hope all is well with you and your family.

• Like 1