Like this but don't know why lol

neo

Can’t stand the blue, but would look pretty sexy in black.

Does anyone know how the depreciation went on the first iteration? The cars were cool but it’s always gonna be a Hyundai and that puts off a few, even compared to Nissan and Ford.

It's a tough market to tackle that's for sure. VAG dominate, buyers get all kiddy at the next generation and somehow don't realise that they've done what apple do with the iphone. It's the same thing but a different colour.

Somehow It's a succesfull strategy, their following is so huge that no one else seems to get a look in. I think it was the i30 that was reviewed better from a fun / performance aspect against the Golf GTI. I know the GTI isn't what it once was way back in the MK1/2/3 days but still.

For me i'd want something that stands out in a car park. i don't want to have to wander upto the 30 other Golfs in the carpark before i eventually figure out which ones mine.

At least it's a manual.

32 minutes ago, Hayd350 said:

Somehow It's a succesfull strategy, their following is so huge that no one else seems to get a look in. I think it was the i30 that was reviewed better from a fun / performance aspect against the Golf GTI. I know the GTI isn't what it once was way back in the MK1/2/3 days but still.

Its a pretty much "you know what youre getting" thing, they also have the image going on that a Hyundai is never going to achieve. 
Id add that the Mk7 Golf GTi is an insanely good car (yes I have one :lol: ) and while it might not be as fast round the Nurburgring as some of the competition its a lot easier to live with day to day and still scares me from time to time. Oh, and resale values too, Golf Gtis have always held their money well. 

Youd have to make something pretty incredible to beat a Golf at its own game, hence why Peugeot, Honda, Renault and Hyundai all take a different route, variety is the spice of life etc. ;) 

7 hours ago, neo said:

I'm glad someone posted this as I feel p much the same. From the front it looks really good imo better then the i30n incl the new facelift

The baby blue works really well imo esp with red accents. 

Having an angular/sharp design for a car in this segment is actually a very good idea since it looks more masculine compared to most cars in the class: 595, 1st gen A1, Polo, Mini (get flamed for this I know!), Adam etc

Rear I am not too sure about but it matches the rest of the car at least. Like the wheels although I think diamond cut ones would have looked a bit better. 

Would def prefer a 1.6 4cyl over the 1.4 3cyl found in the Fiesta ST in part due to potential reliability issues

Any ideas of what's going on with the new Polo GTI which has been scrapped due to the 2.0 engine not meeting emissions standards? These are next to new same price as this

Apologies to slightly hijack this but another good looking supermini from Korea. 

I do think small hatchbacks can get away with quirky colours tbh - fiesta ST edition in blue, new orange Toyota aygo. The blue works for me with the N. Will be interesrting to see options available, The i30 has the N Performance so presumably there will be an i20N Performance spec?

2019-Kia-Rio-GT-Line-Mighty-Yellow-1280x849.jpg

The i30n is a bundle of fun - bought for £25k (pre-registered) last December, that comes with all the toys as standard and 5 year warranty that also allows for track use, providing Hyundai do the servicing which are are not expensive. It all works very well.

3BFEAA3A-59D9-4FB7-AA2C-CCEAC41AC27D_1_105_c.jpeg.b70bb2c959dddff51ac18d9d3bc09fc7.jpeg

Customizing the drive mode gives you a real hardcore feel and the cornering grip with E limited slip diff is something else.  Chose it after reading road testers reports and compared to the VW offerings etc so much more for your money. The fact it is manual with a handbrake and spare (spacesaver) wheel ticked more boxes for me.  The only downside I have found is that it likes it's octane and with a relatively small 50 litre tank means fill-ups come round quickly, but then I did not buy it to tootle around in..... :blush:

Be interesting to see how the i20n is rated, no doubt the smaller size with a 1.6 turbo as opposed to the 2 litre turbo in the i30n will make it another fun machine.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2020 at 07:51, Ebized said:

The i30n is a bundle of fun - bought for £25k (pre-registered) last December, that comes with all the toys as standard and 5 year warranty that also allows for track use, providing Hyundai do the servicing which are are not expensive. It all works very well.

3BFEAA3A-59D9-4FB7-AA2C-CCEAC41AC27D_1_105_c.jpeg.b70bb2c959dddff51ac18d9d3bc09fc7.jpeg

Customizing the drive mode gives you a real hardcore feel and the cornering grip with E limited slip diff is something else.  Chose it after reading road testers reports and compared to the VW offerings etc so much more for your money. The fact it is manual with a handbrake and spare (spacesaver) wheel ticked more boxes for me.  The only downside I have found is that it likes it's octane and with a relatively small 50 litre tank means fill-ups come round quickly, but then I did not buy it to tootle around in..... :blush:

Be interesting to see how the i20n is rated, no doubt the smaller size with a 1.6 turbo as opposed to the 2 litre turbo in the i30n will make it another fun machine.

Really nice that mate.

• 2 months later...

New colour spotted. looks good must admit. Glad the red accents are q bold - more Nismo then GTI.

Come May let's see what Hyundai reveal re pricing and options

I actually think the design on this i20n is better then the i30n (hatch/fastback) as its more coherent - it's angular from all sides whereas the i20n has a blend of creases and soft curves (sharp headlights, angular grille contrasted with softer intakes and a rear that's a bit messy) so is a mixed package of sorts and slightly less consistent 

i20-N-2.jpg

i20-N-3.jpg

i20-N-5.jpg

i20-N-6.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu