Pros/Cons: Respraying a Golf R Viper Green

hmale4yu

Hear me out first lol...

The reasoning behind this being instead of buying something impractical as a next car why not buy the bland all rounder that is a Golf R 7.5 and have it resprayed something like Viper Green (Sciroccco, Golf R Final Edition from overseas), Lizard Green (Porsche), Kayalami Green (TT, RSQ3) etc - basically a colour that not only makes it look more sporty but also has somewhat of a niche demand (like 911 Miami Blue, Mustang Grabber Blue, RS Nitrous Blue etc) in order to facilitate a re-sale later down the road* 

First off, I think the R  esp the 7.5 works really well in brighter colour due to its simplistic design. As mentioned Viper Green has somewhat of a cult following and there will be continued demand for the prev gen R esp with the divisive nature of the 8. I did consider the prev Leon 290/300, Golf GTI, Audi S1/A1 180 but I think those cars just would be a waste of a respray both stylistically and as they don't have the same current/future following (although worth mentioning the outlay would be less)

Now if one was going to go down this road what would it be. I'm looking at 2017 model years DSG. Unsure whether it's better to go for a 5 door on this or 3 door esp with this colour? The thing is these cars are still £22k mark low miles. Plus a respray (£3k ??>) means that the car would add up to £25k ish which is still a fair bit. I still think it would be more desirable, undercut and a better all rounder then the Megane RS Trophy, Focus RS, forthcoming I30n facelift in the auto

*Regarding this I'm obviously thinking that dealers, webuyanycar etc won't see the added value of a respray (but just go on the year, mileage etc) so a future sale would prob need to be done privately 

oFJ0oVp.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu

Being completely unbiased of course but certain models of bright colour cars seem to help after sales. 

Ok I got mine in British Gas Blue because it's my all time favourite colour not for resale but thinking about it they don't use that  colour anymore unless it's the first edition etc. 

A few years down the line I am hoping it will be more saleable than the more common colours. 

Remember that similar blue the 370z was released in, you can't find them anymore and there was a time they sold super quick.

Your viper green will probably be the same thing?

Avoid the webuyanycar places though they won't pay the going rate.

Other option is vinyl wrapping but that is probably as expensive as a respray?

• Like 1