How do I sell a car during a pandemic?

stanski

Folks advice please.

My time with the Rover is ending after 2 years of sterling service.

The poor thing has sat on the drive since the lockdown and I can't face it sitting there during winter, so other than a tidy up I want to put it up for sale but how do you sell a car at the moment? 

Is anyone actually buying cars now? 

I am even considering classic car auction but Rovers don't sell for much so I know I will probably lose too much plus fees on top?

What's a man to do? :surrender:

IMG_20190629_152740670_HDR.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Just sell it as you normally would. I bought the BMW during lockdown, and proper lockdown at that back in April, just stood 2m from the guy selling it and paid electronically. 

What about test drive do I sit in the back with full hazmat gear on?

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 22:23, stanski said:

What about test drive do I sit in the back with full hazmat gear on?

When  i sold a car early September i used another car to lead the buyer on a test drive  with no problems ,after checking  he had insurance of course !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, formatzero said:

When  i sold a car early September i used another car to lead the buyer on a test drive  with no problems ,after checking  he had insurance of course !

That's a good idea. Did you have an ejector seat rigged in case they drove off with your pride and joy. :) 

I will just sit in the back with a mask I think, Driving Miss Daisy Stylie. I mean the average Rover enthusiast won't be a scroat they will be worried more if their tartan rug matches the leather seats and there is enough room to put their pipe and slippers on the parcel shelf. I can confirm there is enough room.:D

Incidentally I spent a few days polishing it trying to get it looking it's best. 

Look at that panel fit almost as good as a Lexus not bad for 1965 is it. 

IMG_20201015_161927387_HDR~2.jpg

That's an impressive shineB).

I'd just ensure that the buyer and I both had a mask.

Both gel hands before getting in the car.

Job done.

If you wanted to be extra cautious tell them to cancel if they had a fever or a cough.

You could even ask if they minded you using a contact free thermometer on them upon arrival.

Deffo don't be shoving a regular thermometer up their rear to test for a fever:lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

That's an impressive shineB).

I'd just ensure that the buyer and I both had a mask.

Both gel hands before getting in the car.

Job done.

If you wanted to be extra cautious tell them to cancel if they had a fever or a cough.

You could even ask if they minded you using a contact free thermometer on them upon arrival.

Deffo don't be shoving a regular thermometer up their rear to test for a fever:lol:

Maybe I should wear my welding mask? Too hard core? :bangin: 

But where does my pipe go?

IMG_20190929_121558876.jpg