Future prediction read this in 20 years time

stanski

Since we are on the edge of the EV revolution I am wondering if in 20 years time people will be watching endless reruns of Wheeler Dealers (bit like now!) and either laughing at us or lusting after the old cars in the same way they used to watch adverts for food in the distopian future of the film Delicatessen :lol:

https://youtu.be/3RtGq58LZnE

Edited by stanski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 15/10/2020 at 23:32, formatzero said:

Maybe in 20 years they might have enough chargers for the revolution !

More chance of them finally sorting Brexit out by then. :lol:

I love all this stuff about diamond batteries that never need charging and that 'we are almost there' fusion power stations oh forgot HS2 that will be even more over budget and not completed beyond the first platform.:surrender:

On the plus side the new Zed -pee will finally be cheap enough for us to import. 

Edited by stanski

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

And Nissan will finally have released the ZP’s replacement. Another rebodied 370z with a decade old battery tech. Or something equally cutting edge. Again.

They will still use the 370 door cards to save cost plus the old cassette players from the 350 as a retro feature when in reality they had a warehouse full never sold from 2008!

Hopefully by then everyone else will be 3d printings their cars. 

6 hours ago, NeeZ said:

I don't remember that one but I do remember watching Tomorrow's World for years. Yet again a leap forward and still nobody is interested? :bangin:

It's the same over and over. Frank Whittle and his jet engine and the RAF were not interested?!!!!

'Oh those Japanese cars and motorbikes who would ever want that rubbish'! :lol:

1 hour ago, stanski said:

Leslie Judd where are they now. 1976 was a good year B) for me.

But I hope they don't bring back high waist trousers!!

1976 I like to think I was in ma prime, in my head anyway :byebye:

Edited by NeeZ
Missed words
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, docwra said:

Mobiles? 

20090704-1971 StarTrekTOSCommunicatorReplica.jpg

Star Trek Communicator, 1964. 

Yes yes Star Trek it was probably the pre cursor to the Motorola flip although the Pye radio from the Professionals in the 70s probably closer to what we have today.  James Bonds Sat Nav in the Aston of course but generally all the distopian stuff going right back to the 1930s.

I sometimes wonder if designers are influenced by these films with such gadgets. Remember the first time you saw a touch screen iPhone it was such a cool thing.

• Like 1