Noise activated roadside cameras

HEADPHONES

42 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54452835

Careful when in central London........they don't like fruity exhaust systems.

I know a little worried me and Marzman will have to stuff old rags in the back of our Stang's, eventually they will roll those cameras out when they realise how much they can make.:surrender:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stanski said:

I just don't understand where you can physically get up to speed to make any noise in central London anyway? :surrender:

It's taken a pandemic to clear the streets after all.

Just gunning it for the chicks like. Like a really flash Halfords/McDoodle’s meet.

• Haha 2

Its possible to hit 70mph in central lol maybe for a second. You risk getting 6 pointer if seen by police lol....Just not worth the risk.

Im assuming these Noise detection cameras are listening out for any car producing just over the idle limit for EU of around 74 decibels i think.

Cruising at 30mph in 4th gear can produce 80db..maybe the limit is around 85 decibels...so in most cars you shouldn't be gunning it in 2nd gear over 20mph lol....how does that apply to a stock Aventador!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Cosmic73 said:

Long overdue imo.

I've nothing against a spirited drive, but there's some bikes and cars have totally illegal exhausts where the noise, even at idle is absolutely deafening you can hear it for miles.

All v8 F types, Mustangs, Porsche 911 pre OPF and the like should either go to the dealer to get a software update or stay out of dynamic!/sport modes... 🤬. They're all loud stock from factory. Even with software and loss of pops and bangs. V8 cause vibrations. V10 V12 and W16 are even louder. V12 cold starts are harsh and sudden... Built for residences with their own land not terraced housing

Goodluck trying to convince officer perkins it's a stock exhaust while he writes you a ticket. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Goodluck trying to convince officer perkins it's a stock exhaust while he writes you a ticket. 

It’s Officer Perkins place to prove guilt, not mine to prove innocence…

That court case is interesting. I wonder if there’s any intention to go after the customers fitting illegal exhausts at the point of sale based on intent (rather than based on use, as is the current approach of Officer Perkins), surely they are just as, if not more, culpable?!?

5 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

It’s Officer Perkins place to prove guilt, not mine to prove innocence…

That court case is interesting. I wonder if there’s any intention to go after the customers fitting illegal exhausts at the point of sale based on intent (rather than based on use, as is the current approach of Officer Perkins), surely they are just as, if not more, culpable?!?

At point of sale would require auditing by third party on which products are being sold....ie decat systems and pops and bang tuning....tuning beyond reasonable limits ie GTR stage 5/6. Similar tuning is made illegal in some countries. Sounds like it all ties into proposed tampering laws. Or maybe they're trying to copy US system especially in places like California where they clamp down on loud exhausts. Noise cameras will be rolled out on high streets and residential areas. On the highway it's a bit of a tricky one. 

PS in London DVSA can stop at anytime any vehicle to conduct a roadside MOT test as been the case with a mate. Usually they set up at the side on a layby pulling HGV and trucks over. They're usually there with traffic officers. I've also seen traffic cops looking under the hood of a guys car. He may or may not have a clue what he's looking at.