My first sighting of a Porsche Taycan!

stanski

On 22/01/2021 at 11:29, gangzoom said:

So what are you waiting for!! 

My Phaeton to break :lol:

TBH the only thing holding me back is that we "need" a massive car like a Q7 or Touareg (2 dogs and 21 month old and I dont like roofboxes) and you dont get massive EVs yet, we are also incredibly badly served by chargers/superchargers round here. 

Might have a closer look but have to say the 0% BIK is an excellent way to get them on the roads, its only a matter of time for me I think :) 

18 hours ago, docwra said:

Just looked into it and it appears that with the 3rd row of seats folded the X is as big as a Touareg but looking at pics it seems a lot narrower ............?

I think this must be the first time I've seen someone worried about a X been too small :).

If you really are after interior size you will need a GLS or minivan to beat the X.

I've had x2 adults in the back + 2 kids + luggage for shuttle runs to the airport with no one complaining.

The boot is also really deep as well as wide, you can dump a kids bike in the back even with the third row seats up!

There isn't a larger EV on the market short of the Nissan van thing, but that has a range of sub 100 miles and is as interesting to own as a van.

If you really are after one feel free to ask anything, we've had one as the main family wagon for coming up to 4 years and 50k, I wouldn't swap it for anything else on the road today........even a Taycan would have to share the driveway with it rather than replace it :).

42414039144_87acd7eea4_c_d.jpg

49981386166_c76b3b4198_c_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 2

I know it sounds like Im being overly specific, but we need this:

G1365D.jpg

Weve got a Golf GTi atm and its fine 95% of the time but when we want to go away with Bella and the dogs we need to use a roofbox and move the passenger seat forward a bit - the dogs will eat whatever is in with them and we cant really pile suitcases on top of our child :lol:

I already ruled out a Q7 as the 3rd row of folding seats mean there isnt enough space to achieve what I want to do, Touareg (or maybe a GLS) is the only thing Ive seen thats huge enough. The alternative of saving the money and keeping the really quite excellent Golf isnt unattractive either ;) 

I was looking into test drives yesterday, watch this space :) 

The rear 2 seats fold totally flat, you can buy bog guards for the X, this video gives you an idea of how big the space is in the back. The GLS will be bigger - but that thing really is a tank!

The 6/7 seater Xs also have a dedicated HVAC setup just for the 3rd row, so your dogs can have their own temperature preference if needed. For utility these things are mad - add in sub 5 second 0-60 time for the slowest version like ours (sub 3 seconds in top spec - 2.6 seconds will roll out I think), and 3p per mile in fuel+tyres = lots of happy (and cheap) family road trips :).

G1477-fitted.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...