Power Loss, Lumpy Running, Hesitation BUT normal idle and no EML - DE - (Solved)

hicksi

Evening all,

Exactly like the title says, I was driving to H Dev for some exhaust work when the Z decided to throw a wobbly. Its had zero issues  since purchase. Running Berks, plenum and uprev.

Pulling onto the motorway, foot down 5th pull the car immediately started to hesitate and climbed slowly in smooth and jittering lumps. (Best way I could describe it) :lol:

No codes thrown, oil pressure, voltage, temp all normal.

Somehow and probably very foolishly i limped it to H Dev. It sat fine weirdly at 70 on cruise. But where the car had to change load and revs to maintain speed it would faulter. Still no EML. And manually scanned with torque Pro and BT OBD2. 

Next day, H dev struggle to start car from where I parked it. 'Rough as f**k'. Did some testing:

A FAILED MAF SENSOR 

So, rather than a question, hope this might help someone on the forum...

H Dev thanks for jumping straight on it and sorting it out.

This previous thread also comes up on search, MAF is suggested but never confirmed, but the symptoms are almost identical. There are some other suggestions in the thread just incase its not the MAF.

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82933-help/

Hicksi

• Like 1