ESP again, sorry

Jeff E

I am unfortunately incapable of using the Search to find info. on the forum so please bear with me. At a track day event, after my first stint, when I restarted the car ( bit reluctant but assumed because it was hot ) the engine warning light came on and also the ESP and skid light.  Coincidence or linked ? I have checked the brake fluid level, max.,  the brake lights work and the wheel nuts are all tight.  Wheels and tyres are standard size but tyres worn and will need changing soon

The car runs normally but does not start as quickly as it used to. Chap on US forum had the same happen after a track day but did not explain why or provide a solution to the problem. I completed my track evening and did not have an off which suggests the ESP/ Traction control is working !!

Has it happened to any one else or suggestions for a cure. ?

I have a Haynes manual but can find nothing about ESP etc.Is there anything in there ?  Hoping a friend will come up with engine codes from his Torque Pro.

Jeff E