Anyone planning on getting the iPhone 12 ?

ATTAK Z

Ironically the mp count is a complete red herring - when you go beyond 12mp you only really need it for when you are planning on say printing to large canvasses etc. Its like hyper cars competing for the top speed number when they all accelerate at the same rate up to 200mph

The biggest advance in phone cameras has been the introduction of multiple lenses and much smarter software to replicate things like focal length

• Like 2

Anyone bag themselves a phone yesterday? .... well apart from @Adrian@TORQEN cos we know he did :lol:

I decided to pop a Pacific Blue one in my shopping cart :yahoo:

One of my colleagues was asking about 5G coverage in Canada, so I found a map.......

1155232334_ScreenShot2020-10-16at11_48_25AM.png.80346cefd856903f0fb8050b5f3aa67c.png

I defo did not get one for the 5G :lol:

• Haha 2

Currently have 11 pro and have to say its a step up from previous generation. Camera is really impressive, particularly low light and in portrait mode. I am a dslr user but for last 10 months not used it much due to capability of the 11 pro camera is so impressive and easy.  Also really like the glass back on the phone. Although most put cases on so its irrelevant. 

Only things that annoy me on latest generation iPhone they got rid of the fingerprint sensors, so unlocking is facial recognition or password.  Which can be a little annoying as you have to get your mug over the phone each time.  Other thing if you use headphones there is no 3.5mm jack so Bluetooth only, which limits your cans, particularly for high res audio. 

Wife has latest Samsung and camera is good but the iPhone is much better. 

From a 7 to 12 you will notice quite an upgrade. 

Edited by monkeybrain1234

• 2 weeks later...

I always used to jump in with the new iPhone as soon as it came out. But I’ve had my iPhone 8 Plus for a few years now and I really don’t want to lose Touch ID for Face ID which is why I’ve not upgraded. Might finally make the jump with the 12 though.

I work in a well known German supermarket, and it’s quite amusing how difficult Face ID seems to be when people come to pay with Apple Pay now everyone has a mask hiding their face. :lol: Thumb mask aren’t required.

Think I’ve only used Apple Pay in a shop twice since I’ve had my 8 Plus. Always feels quicker and more normal to whip my debit card out instead these days still, force of habit I guess. 

Another couple of weeks to wait for my 12PM, my case has arrived for it already though :lol:

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Think I’ve only used Apple Pay in a shop twice since I’ve had my 8 Plus. Always feels quicker and more normal to whip my debit card out instead these days still, force of habit I guess. 

Another couple of weeks to wait for my 12PM, my case has arrived for it already though :lol:

It's handy if you already have your phone out, or are sat on your wallet (drive thru!)

Why would you have your phone out standing by a checkout in Asda???!!! And I’ve always pre-prepped for drive thrus, wallet in the side pocket as soon as I get in the car B) :lol: 

The point that should be made is why the eff I don’t use my Apple Watch for it instead, as that is definitely always out... :bangin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Why would you have your phone out standing by a checkout in Asda???!!! And I’ve always pre-prepped for drive thrus, wallet in the side pocket as soon as I get in the car B) :lol: 

The point that should be made is why the eff I don’t use my Apple Watch for it instead, as that is definitely always out... :bangin:

I don't fully trust mine with payments (I know tin foil hat) and it's also on the wrong wrist for drive thru!

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

I don’t know about the Asda checkout, but it was ideal for all the ignorant knobbers on the Tube every day with their eyes constantly glued to their phones instead of looking where they’re going. Y’know, back when we were allowed to go places that is.

Niche circumstance, perhaps, but there did seem to be thousands of those f**kers around.

(I’m over it. Honestly...)

• Haha 2