Jaguar Consul do you think I'm sexy?

stanski

Look at it, well it looks fab from rear 3/4 front and back but a little too elongated from the side I think?:)

You can forget your autonomous rubbish but purely from a design perspective! :throb: Wowsers pig to park in a multi-storey though?

https://www.yankodesign.com/2020/09/30/jaguar-consul-is-an-autonomous-coupe-way-ahead-of-its-time/

Remember the Infiniti Essence that was a concept and a half?  Typical Infiniti makes something gorgeous like that and not build it! I think their business model is how can we continue to make boring looking cars for the US market and stay afloat? 

Then - will it wont it Maserati Alfieri?

There is a similar design thread isn't there? Coke bottle shapes. 

Jaguar-Consul_Futuristic_Concept-Car_Yanko-Design_hero.jpg

infiniti_tesla_2.jpg

maserati-alfieri-2018-f-wr0b.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ebized said:

Reminds of an earlier futuristic Jaguar effort 30 years ago (XJ22) that did not exactly sell like hot cakes.....

1991 (19) JAGUAR XJ220 COUPE 3.5 2DR For Sale in Preston - Amari Super Cars  GB

Oh yes forgot about that one. We have a lot to thank the person who invented the Coke Bottle. :D

1 minute ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Maserati wow...Love that look. Concept is nice. 

I know I was waiting, they actually built it didn't they then it went quiet looks like it could be a milk float now? Lets see more than I can afford anyway. 

I've gone off the back of the maser now, it would need to be sharper these days but it's a lovely car and would certainly drive people wanting to own one (actually owning things is a different topic) but instead they went off and built a limited supercar that nobody will ever get the chance to own :(

13 minutes ago, MDMetal said:

I've gone off the back of the maser now, it would need to be sharper these days but it's a lovely car and would certainly drive people wanting to own one (actually owning things is a different topic) but instead they went off and built a limited supercar that nobody will ever get the chance to own :(

That's the issue these things are designed 5 years before then they faff about by the time it's ready to come out its a bit old hat because things have moved on? The French are experts at knocking stuff out super fast.

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

lol what the ZED should be minus the V8. A 2+2 V8 is not a bad thing for a GT version. What a shame it never reached the market.

Still needs an exhaust to open it up though

They still say it will be made and sold next year but EV only I think. :thumbdown:

By the time they do we shall probably have hover boards. 

• Haha 1