Just installed a short shifter...

MDMetal

Wow what a change! Still getting used to the extra effort but the firmness is really something you know exactly where the gears are that's for sure! 

I'd never understood the point of them since the 350 has such a short gearstick but that's because I didn't understand what they actually did till I watched a video. Very easy to fit maximum two hours and a chunk of that is wiggling the rubber boot back on the linkage underneath. 

Anyways of people fancy one then I'd say it's definitely worth it to give the car a more solid feel. It's a better feel than changing your gearbox mount and doesn't add all the nasty noises!

Ps it was the tarmac sportz shifter i got :)

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

For a good few years now I've had a B&M quick shifter knob and 3' extension.

Having that extra leverage makes running through the gears a breeze.

1046191962_DSC_01922.JPG.2023562528c8ba7844f50a894f1747b3.JPG

Looking good, where did you get the extension? I was pondering if an extension and ball knob was better or something longer like the mishimoto cylinders if they added some length

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Cool thanks! I'm genuinely torn in terms of what to do I think a cylinder block stick thats 1-2 inches taller would be perfect the ball and stick is probably the easiest to get the height perfect but not the style