After market cats for OEM fitment

Blackstar

I'm looking to replace my fairly badly corroded OEM cats (suspect cause of P0430 code and nasty sound) with something stainless. I'm not bothered about sound and would be looking for something that would fit into the OEM position. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Agreed, if you're not bothered about a noise or power increase HFCs might cause more hassle than they're worth. To guarantee you won't get the warning light pop up you'd need a remap to turn the rear O2 sensors off (£400), plus you'll always have the worry of passing the emissions test unless you know a "friendly" tester. 

@ZMANALEX might have some second hand oem cats available. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jack94 said:

Agreed, if you're not bothered about a noise or power increase HFCs might cause more hassle than they're worth. To guarantee you won't get the warning light pop up you'd need a remap to turn the rear O2 sensors off (£400), plus you'll always have the worry of passing the emissions test unless you know a "friendly" tester. 

@ZMANALEX might have some second hand oem cats available. 

Nothing wrong with secondhand cats when I bought the z originally and the cats needed replacing I did get the Berk HFCS they've never had any issues with the test and it's had about 6 mot's with me at different garages so no winks or nudges needed. I did get the warning light a few times but since replacing the rocker covers last month so far the light hasn't come back so perhaps the light is triggered by oil in the exhaust. Either way second hand is fine and the Berks (or similar) have the exact same fitment. They sound nicer and from new cost less 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks all, assuming mine are original, then they are 16 years old on 91,000 miles.

Dare I ask what do you think I would be looking at for a pair of new ones from Nissan?

More than you'd want to pay :P Seriously the OEM stuff is more than the aftermarket parts which sound nicer, I said I'd just keep it stock but as soon as bits fail your better off buying something fun and cheaper thats just as good if not better quality.

• Thanks 1