Wasn't ever a car guy but my Z gave me the bug...

I got it as a fun distraction to keep me busy in the down time while I'm working away from home. It's made the weekly commute a lot of fun and has become a bit of a big boys toy.

I've been lurking on these forums for a year or so and have found the information so much better than that testosterone-charged 'other forum', so thank you to anyone who, without knowing it, has already helped me.

She's had the following pamperings although these were a case of "The part's either broken or on the way out, so I might as well upgrade it."

(By Abbey)

Full Milltec exhaust

Blox plenum spacer

Super Hybrid Air

Re-flash ECU and dyno

(By Newton & Bailey, Lincoln)

JWT clutch and lightweight flywheel

Torqen master cylinder

Mishimoto oil catch can

19" Drifz alloys with spacers (and, I presume, fake Nismo decals)

(By me...)

Zunsport front grill

Black badges

Decals

Never thought I'd see a car as more than a tool but she's been a really welcome distraction from missing home. Still nod sold on the red protective rim on the wheels and the decals are maybe a little too cringey...

Thanks again,

Steve

20200908_135704.jpg

20200908_135801.jpg

20200908_135819.jpg

20200918_141017.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 10:16, Olly350z said:

Glad you've seen a car can be way more then just a tool! 

Where about are you located, I saw a black roadster with black wheels in Findon (Worthing) a few weeks back. I was in my nismo 

I work in Bedfordshire during the week but live in Lincoln. You probably saw the same black roadster that I saw last year that made me want black wheels!

As it happens, the wheels were an accidental find: When I got the Abbey work done, there was nothing really cosmetic. It was a real step up in drive but I 'had nothing to show' for the 4 figures I'd put down on it. So when it went in for the clutch work, I promised myself a cosmetic 'treat'. I popped on eBay and found someone auctioning off '19" Nisan 350z alloys'. That typo may have been the reason I won them for £210. I HOPE it was the reason...

I don't like the red protection strip much and the badly applied Nismo decals are cringey but they were 19" and black. I'm 1200 miles in on them and so far, so good.

9 hours ago, Stoker11 said:

Hello and welcome nice looking car:thumbs:

Cheers. It's becoming a hobby now! Next up is a Celica GTS spoiler as I've seen one in the flesh and genuinely thought it was from some edition I didn't know about. It seemed to round out her notoriously fat arse when the roof's up.

Hi and welcome,

I live just south of Lincoln and also have a Roadster, I'll have to keep an eye out for yours.

I'll be interested to see what yours looks like with the spoiler as I've often though the back end looked a bit bare!