Clutch noise

Japtech

So I have recently got a 2005 350z Roadster which is a credit to the previous owner however I have a noise issue.

I know that the noise from the clutch that disapears when you put the clutch down is normal but I find when I'm driving and the car gets to tempreture I can here the noise through the gears.

For info it has a JWT Clutch and flywheelcombo from Torqen so I am hoping that its perfectly normal, the link to whats fitted is here:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/powertrain/clutch-flywheel-packs/1895-350z-de-jwt-jim-wolf-technology-flywheel-and-clutch-kit-14lb-light-flywheel-and-1200kg-clutch-l3503-ncf-ktp.html

Thanks in advance for any advice.

IMG_2875.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

• Like 1

I have the same exhaust and clutch on my HR coupe.  If i'm moving I can hear chatter from the clutch when I pass close to other cars or buildings, maybe you hear it more being in a roadster.  The increased chatter is normal.

Edited by bluethermal

• 1 month later...

A bit late to the question but I had a JWT clutch and lightweight flywheel (also from Torqen) installed on mine about 1500 miles ago. It's normal. I tend to notice it a lot more at lower revs and, like bluethermal, when the sound's rebounded - especially with the roof down.

Nice to see another well-kept roadster. I wish mine was as shiny as yours!

Edited by SifuSteve